is STUCZYNSKI DONE ?

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

big10jumper
PV Wannabe

is STUCZYNSKI DONE ?

Unread postby big10jumper » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:59 pm

iT SEEMS TO ME THAT JENN S. MAY VERY WELL BE DONE. OBVIOUSLY HURT AT US NATIONALS 4.45M AND THEN PULLS OUT OF ROME, SOMRBODY IS NOT TELLING US HOW INJURYED SHE IS. THE RUMOUR IS THAT SHE IS NOT WELL.LOOKS AS IF PETROV IS REALLY HACKING HER' MY GUESS IS HE SAW HOW HURT SHE WAS AT ROME AND IS ATTACKING WHAT WILL BE AN EASY WIN OVER A HURT JENN S. OR A NO SHOW THE REST OF THE SEASON.SHE IS IN MADRID TOMARROW AND IF NOT THERE FOLKS I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IT IS OVER FOR THIS YEAR.TO BE OUT THAT LONG AT THAT LEVEL IS NOT GOOD. THE ONLY CHALLENGE TO ISI IS GONE AND PETROV KNOWS IT AND HE IS TALKING SMACK!BUT HE KNOWS SHE IS HURT AND IS TAKING FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT.IF JENN S. IS INJURYED AS BAD AS THE RUMOURS ARE SAYING THEN HER AND SUHR SHOUL JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR AND DO BATTLE AT 100% AGAINST ISI.MADRID WILL TELL US IF SHE CAN BE BACK IN TIME.NO ONE WANTS TO SEE A 70% STUCZYNSKI VS. 100% ISI.I AM HOPING FOR A 4.90M AT MADRID.LIKE THE REST OF THE PV LAND IWANT SOMEONE TO BEAT ISI AND HER FRONT RUNNING COACH!

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:01 pm

There's this invention called "caps lock". Turn it off. Thanks.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:58 pm

I "decrapifyed" that post. The grammar still stinks worse than an offensive lineman's jock after the third practice of the day...

It seems to me that Jenn S. may very well be done. Obviously hurt at us nationals 4.45m and then pulls out of Rome, somebody is not telling us how injured she is. The rumor is that she is not well. Looks as if Petrov is really hacking her' my guess is he saw how hurt she was at Rome and is attacking what will be an easy win over a hurt Jenn s. or a no show the rest of the season. She is in Madrid tomorrow and if not there folks I would have to say it is over for this year. To be out that long at that level is not good. The only challenge to Isi is gone and Petrov knows it and he is talking smack! But he knows she is hurt and is taking full advantage of it. If Jenn s. is injured as bad as the rumors are saying then her and Suhr should just wait until next year and do battle at 100% against Isi. Madrid will tell us if she can be back in time. No one wants to see a 70% Stuczynski vs. 100% Isi. I am hoping for a 4.90m at Madrid. Like the rest of the pv land I want someone to beat Isi and her front running coach!

Has anyone else herd these rumors? I personally think that 4.45m at nationals had more to do with the conditions (headwind and rain?) than injury. Is there any fact to this?

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:54 pm

I heard she didn't mind the headwind at all...
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:26 pm

I'd intended the remark to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek when I referred to Petrov's "trash talk" in my last Isi Update, but maybe I'm accidently starting wild rumors again. If so, I'm sorry about that. I certainly have no inside info about Jenn's condition. But I genuinely hope that she’s not only healthy for her matchup against Isi in London, but ready to become only the second human being in history to clear 4.90 without the aid of a Y-chromosome.

polevault14
PV Beginner

Suhrsport Site Information On Stuczynski

Unread postby polevault14 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:47 pm

July 19, 2007
Stuczynski is currently still out of the European circuit with a back injury for the time being. Everything is being done to get her back as soon as possible.

www.suhrsports.com

ilios
PV Beginner

Unread postby ilios » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:38 am

Jenn is out of the start list in Madrid :(

skyshark177
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach

Unread postby skyshark177 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:02 am

I wonder what she did to her back. The website said it was a non-vaulting related injury.
SKYSHARKS

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:34 am

She's on the startlist for Norwich GP on the 3rd. We'll see if she shows...

Pole Vault
FABIANA MURER BRA
GAO SHUYING CHN
KATERINA BADUROVA CZE
KATE DENNISON GBR
SVETLANA FEOFANOVA RUS
YULIA GOLUBCHIKOVA RUS
YELENA ISINBAYEVA RUS
TATYANA POLNOVA RUS
JENN STUCZYNSKI USA
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

tmarkvi
PV Newbie

Unread postby tmarkvi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:35 pm

July 27, 2007 -- Stuczynski Wins First European Meet Following Injury

After being out nearly five weeks with a back injury, Stuczynski jumped at Jockrim Germany taking no misses and clearing meet records of 4.46m and 4.55m on her first attempts. Though she had miles of room to spare, Stuczynski elected to put the pole away as to not push her back too soon. Coach Suhr stated "We are certainly not where we were, and are still recovering from the injury. I was happy with these jumps into headwinds of 10-15mph, but this is not the place to push it."

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”