Class of 2007 College Signings

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:16 pm

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/news/story ... y_no=23615

Weiler and Wallingford both cleared 16-4 on their first attempts while Inks and Landry â€â€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:21 pm

http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2007/0 ... 070602.txt

[Josh]Sandler, who set the St. Mary's school record with a vault of 15 feet this season, hoped to push his personal-best to 16 feet, but he never got the chance. The competition began at 14-3 and Sandler cleared it on his first attempt. The bar was then raised to 14-9 and the senior cleared it on his third try, the bar wobbling for several seconds as he grazed it on his way over.

Sandler will attend UC Davis in the fall and he'll likely join the track team as a pole vaulter. The spot is not guaranteed, but he has a strong chance of making the team.

CA

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:27 pm

The latest from Dyestatcal:

Anthony, Tori (Castilleja-CCS) pole vault to UCLA
Astor, Jeff (Loyola, Los Angeles-SS) pole vault to Claremont McKenna
Barthel, Natasha (St. Francis, Mountain View-CCS) pole vault to Stanford
Roche, Casey (St. Francis, Mountain View-CCS) pole vault to Stanford
Stark, Aubree (Oak Park-SS) pole vault to UCLA
Stokke, Allison (Newport Harbor, Newport Beach-SS) pole vault to UC Berkeley
Sullivan, Andy (Rancho Bernardo-SD) pole vault to Cal State Fullerton

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:38 pm

http://www.palisadespost.com/content/in ... ry_ID=2918

"Seeing Bryan win it right before definitely pumped me up," said [Angela] Liberatore, who vaulted a personal-best 11-6 in an all-comers meet at Cal State Los Angeles in December. "I trained all year, so it was time to do what I know how to do."

Unable to train on campus, Liberatore practices vaulting three or four days a week, mixed with sprint and weight training. She started competing in the gymnastics at the age of 10 and, not surprisingly, the vault was her favorite apparatus. Liberatore attended Paul Revere Middle School, visited Curran's camp before ninth grade and made pole vaulting her primary sport after her sophomore year at Pali. She plans to walk on at UC Berkeley next spring.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:26 pm

http://www.londontopic.ca/article.php?artid=3561

Western track bolstered with OFSAA medalists
LondonTopic.ca
06/13/2007

The Western Mustangs are looking for quick contributions to its track and field program with the addition of four OFSAA medalists.

While there are a total of 24 track and field recruits in the 2007 class, Jen House (pole vault), Alex Witmer (high jump), Alicia Smith (triple jump) and Chris Erle (pole vault) are expected to make immediate contributions to the Mustang team.

"All four lead an exceptional group of over 20 freshmen joining the Mustangs," said Mustangs Track and Field head coach Vickie Croley in making the announcement today (June 13). "But the coaching staff expects these four to contribute right away."

Witmer is from Forest Height's secondary school in Kitchener, where he was the silver medalist in high jump last year at OFSAA.

He has steadily improved since then bettering his personal best to 2.10m (the standard for the Pan Am Junior Championships). Witmer hopes to be named to the Pan-Am team on June 20. His OFSAA winning jump was 2.08m.

Croley believes that Witmer has the ability to continue to develop into one of the country's best high jumpers.

House, of Oakridge Secondary School in London, capped her high school career with an OFSAA gold and a new record in women's pole vault.

Her vault of 3.55m broke the old record by 1 cm.

She will study Kinesiology at Western and was recently named the inaugural recipient of the Forest City Track and Field Scholarship.

This scholarship was spearheaded by Jeff Glass (Saunders grad, International Hurdler), while additional financial support has been contributed by Jeff Moores (Oakridge grad, sprinter) and Andy Evans (South grad, sprinter).

Smith, from St. Augustine secondary school in Brampton, jumped a personal best distance of 11.86m in the triple jump to win the OFSAA silver.

Smith hails from a dance and gymnastics' background and is just learning the event.

Both Croley and horizontal jumps coach Frank Erle believe that Smith is untapped and has great ability in the jumps.

Studying Social Sciences, Smith also placed 4th in the long jump with a leap of 5.42m.

Erle (son of coach Frank Erle) quickly established himself as a future threat in the pole vault competing in his first OFSAA championship. Coming from London's Mother Teresa, Erle just began vaulting over the last year and earned a silver medal with a 4.05m vault. He will be studying Engineering.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:45 pm

http://www.jg-tc.com/articles/2007/06/1 ... 344050.txt

Nationally ranked pole vaulter among EIU recruits

By the JG/T-C
sports@jg-tc.com

CHARLESTON – The nation’s seventh-ranked high school senior pole vaulter is among Eastern Illinois’ most recent men’s track signees.

Recently signing national letters of intent with the Panthers are Kevin Adamowski of Sandburg, Matthew Dettloff of Palatine, Justin Helpingstine of Salem, Ryan Hoklas of Prairie Ridge, Nicholas Kuczwara of Elmhurst York, Joseph Noonan of Lincoln-Way East and Preston Smith of Normal University High.

These seven athletes join a class that already includes IHSA State Qualifying cross country runners Derek Ericson of Crystal Lake Central and Brad LaRocque of Sandburg along with IHSA state track qualifier in the 110- and 300-meter hurdles Alex Migit of Morton.

Noonan comes to EIU as one of the top high school pole vaulters in the country. Hailing from Frankfort, he attended Lincoln-Way East HS. He was a second place finisher in the IHSA State track meet with a vault of 16 feet, 6 inches. He is currently ranked seventh in the nation among senior high school pole vaulters.

Helpingstine finished third in the IHSA Class AA 800-meter run with a finals time of 1 minute, 54.44 seconds. The Salem standout’s prelim mark of 1:53.69 was the fastest time for a qualifier. He also was a member of the 4x800 relay team.

Adamowski competed in both cross country and track for Sandburg High in Oak Forest. He finished 19th at the 2006 IHSA State Class AA Cross Country meet with a time of 14:44. He helped his team finish fifth in the 4x800 meter relay at this year’s IHSA state meet with a time of 7:50.20. He was also a state qualifier in the 1,600 meter run.

Dettloff placed 66th at the 2006 IHSA State Class AA Cross Country meet and was a state qualifier in the 1,600 meter run this past year.

Hoklas is also a dual sport athlete from Crystal Lake where he ran cross country and track for Prairie Ridge HS. He was a state qualifier as a member of his school’s 4x800 meter relay team. Hoklas also placed 22nd at the 2006 IHSA State Class AA Cross Country meet with a time of 14:46.

Kuczwara competed in three different events at the state track. Kuczwara helped his Elmhurst York team win win the 4x800 meter relay with a time of 7:49.37. He was a fifth place finisher in the 800 meter run with a mark of 1:55.70. He also earned a trip to the state meet in the 4x400 relay. Kuczwara finished 42nd at the 2006 IHSA state cross country meet.

Smith He competed at the IHSA State Track meet in two events placing eighth in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 39.93. He was also a member of the 4x100 relay team.

Eastern Illinois recently finished its 2007 outdoor track and field season sending six athletes to compete in eight events at the NCAA Mideast Regional. In early May, EIU won the Ohio Valley Conference outdoor track and field championship giving them a season sweep of both the indoor and outdoor team titles.

BethelPV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post Collegiate Vaulter, High School Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Billy Olson

Unread postby BethelPV » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:14 am

Kyle Klein of Valparaiso, Indiana signed with Bethel College the other week! :) We are pumped to have him coming to vault with us!
Vault with a purpose... Vault for God!!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:00 pm

http://www.orovillemr.com/sports/ci_6156310

Sidelines: Chico State signs top pole vaulter
By E-R Staff
Article Launched: 06/16/2007 12:11:21 AM PDT

The Chico State women's track and field team signed the top junior college pole vaulter in California to a National Letter of Intent to compete for the Wildcats next season. Katrina Rodriguez, a state meet qualifier in the heptathlon the last two years for Hartnell College, will join the Wildcats this fall.
During her two years at Hartnell, Rodriguez competed in the heptathlon and various events at the Coast Conference finals, helping the Panthers win two conference titles. While the heptathlon is still an option, Rodriguez is excited to focus on the pole vault at Chico State.

This year Rodriguez broke the Coast Conference pole vault record with a mark of 11 feet, 6 inches, the top junior college mark in California. She was the NorCal champion in the pole vault and placed second at the state meet. At the NorCal Championships she scored 15 points to lead the Panthers to a fourth-place finish. In addition to her win in the pole vault, she placed in the heptathlon and javelin, and also ran a leg of the 1600-meter relay.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:21 pm

http://www.csp.edu/Athletics/Articles/0 ... ,_Kis.html

Reed, Kiss Sign with Concordia
Jun. 18– Concordia University track & field coach Jarred Sampson has announced that Hayley Reed and Nacole Kiss have signed to join the Golden Bear women's track & field team for the 2007-08 season.

Reed was a three-sport star at Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial in Lake Crystal, Minn. where she earned six letters in track & field and cross country and two in basketball. She was a state qualifier in the pole vault as a junior and a conference champion as a senior. At Concordia, Hayley will look to compete in the pole vault, high jump and hurdle events. In cross country, she earned all-conference as a junior and senior while earning honorable mention accolades as a sophomore. Reed was also a two year academic all-conference selection.

"Hayley is a good all-around athlete and will have an immediate impact with the ability to score points at the conference level. She has the talent and work ethic to be a good multi-event athlete in the coming years," coach Sampson commented.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:26 pm

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.d ... LID=898387

Track and Field Announces 2007 Men's Signing Class
Courtesy: Wichita State
Release: 05/21/2007

WICHITA, Kan. - Head track and field coach Steve Rainbolt has announced the signing of 10 athletes who will compete for the Shockers in 2007-2008.

The group of athletes consists primarily of Kansas talent with six of the 10 athletes hailing from all across the state: Samuel Chege (Nairobi, Kenya), Tad Eisenhauer (Goddard, Kan.), Eddie McClain (Bonner Springs, Kan.), Jake Steckline (Maize, Kan.), Brett Trudo (Wamego, Kan.), Cooper Hanning (Wichita, Kan.), Josh Crawford (Safety, Harbor, Fla.), Patric Jackson (Wichita, Kan.), Zack Steffen (Wichita, Kan.) and Quan Tong (Arlington, Texas).

High school all-star Zack Steffen will join the men's pole vault group after a great four years at Bishop Carroll High School in Wichita, Kan. Steffen has set a career best vault of 16-1 1/2, which set a Greater Wichita Athletic League record. Steffen has also been a city league champ three times in his career, holds a school record and was a state champion his sophomore year. Pole vault coach Pat Wilson said that Zack will make an instant contribution to the Shocker pole vault group.

"Zack is a talented high school vaulter and broke a 30 year old city league record," Wilson said. "He has a level of confidence and body awareness that is rare in a high school vaulter.

"When he steps on the runway, he believes he can make any height," Wilson continued. "I'm really excited about what he can contribute to WSU and our conference, which is typically pretty tough in the upper half of pole vault scoring."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:26 pm

http://www.bethelcollege.edu/sports/Tra ... cleID=1802

Valparaiso Pole Vaulter Signs With Bethel Track
Kyle Klein, a senior pole vaulter from Valparaiso High School, has signed his letter of intent to continue his academic and athletic careers at Bethel College.

Klein has a personal best of 15’0â€Â

RES
PV Beginner

Unread postby RES » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:59 pm

I totally forgot that when you sign you get to tell everybody :)
So Rachel Simmons to the Air Force Academy!

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”