summer work outs

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.

How this work out

not enough
15%
just right
77%
too much
8%

Total votes: 13

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Wed May 16, 2007 11:59 am

newPVer wrote:hey, i live on a hill. haha,

but over our spring break, the waves were scary big, like 15-20 foot faces at some of the local beaches. way too big for me. i'll take the 4 footers please...

and not only waves, but sunny skies, 65-85* 90% of the year,
:eek: Ive been surfing 3 times, my third being on a 15 foot curl in hawaii. Ive snowboarded all my life, but its different. Yea.... not a good experience. I still occasionally spit up salt water :P.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

newPVer
PV Pro

Unread postby newPVer » Wed May 16, 2007 7:33 pm

its all good, and fun,

but this summer's gonna be pretty fun with training and what not. andy my PVC is awesome. only 4 weeks left...
PR- 15-1
Great season, time to top it

jumpbackin
PV Whiz

Unread postby jumpbackin » Thu May 17, 2007 12:57 pm

[quote="newPVer"]but over our spring break, the waves were scary big, like 15-20 foot faces at some of the local beaches.

Where the heck do you live. I've heard of 15 -20 waves at Halfmoon Bay, NoCal. But, in Southern California I've never heard of anything like that. I don't think Leucadia does. I was standing on the beach in Huntington Beach during the storm in '88 that took out the pier. Those waves might have been 15 feet, but that was a storm.

newPVer
PV Pro

Unread postby newPVer » Thu May 17, 2007 8:00 pm

at the wedge in newport, about 5 miles south of huntington. they werent that big everywhere, but they were still too big for me...
PR- 15-1

Great season, time to top it

vaultgirlsummer
PV Newbie

Unread postby vaultgirlsummer » Fri May 18, 2007 10:38 am

Man you are so lucky! I am a surfer too. The only thing is, I live in the mountians of north carolina. We are 6 hours(breaking the speed limit) away from waves. We don't even get any snow anymore, so I can't snow board eather. It pretty much sucks up here. I would give anything to be able to go surf in the mornings and then go vault for a while. Man that would be so ausome.

The Land Locked Surfer

bel142
PV Pro
Expertise: Open Post Collegiate, Collegiate Coach, BS - Kinesiology, MEd - Advanced Level Coaching

Unread postby bel142 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:52 pm

Hills are great, and surfing is also great, BUT its not really a "training" tool. More sprint work outs, are what i think you need... and another day of lifting... And more much more core work outs.

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”