why cant i jump anymore?

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

ennairb
PV Nerd

why cant i jump anymore?

Unread postby ennairb » Tue May 27, 2003 2:29 pm

i'm going through this thing where i just run right through all of my jumps and i dont know why ... its not like im on a new pole or anything ... does anyone know how i can fix this and get some jumps in at practice? im supposed to go to this golden south meet on the 31st, but im thinking about pulling out because im not going to drive all the way there to not jump IN FRONT OF PEOPLE when i can just not jump here by myself lol ... please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know!! i only have 1 more practice til this meet and if its not decent im gonna have to pull out =(

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue May 27, 2003 3:13 pm

start slow again and build some confidence....do a real real short run, hold low, and work your way back up to where you are as your confidence again increases....that'd be my best bet
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Tue May 27, 2003 6:16 pm

k, i'll try that ... thanx for the help ;)

xtremevaulter

Unread postby xtremevaulter » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:31 am

Me Too. I can't jump for s*** right now. And it really sucks. But hopefully one day this summer I will break out and finally get my scronny little butt up and over 14 feet.

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:44 pm

my best advice would just be make sure your steps on, because i can waste a whole practice if i don't get my step right in the beginning.
"Life is not measured by the number of breath you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"
- Anonymous

polevaultinchic
PV Newbie

Unread postby polevaultinchic » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:44 am

That happened to me a lot this season, esp after i moved up a pole, but even after i fixed that problem i still wouldnt jump at practice, but i could at meets, it had a lot to do w adrenaline and i should have used a small pole to practice because i didnt have the adrenaline to jump on a bigger pole (this according to one of my guy teammates). When I couldnt jump warming up at a meet i eventually just made myself jump because i knew my steps were on I just had to suck it up.

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:49 pm

polevaultinchic wrote:That happened to me a lot this season, esp after i moved up a pole, but even after i fixed that problem i still wouldnt jump at practice, but i could at meets, it had a lot to do w adrenaline and i should have used a small pole to practice because i didnt have the adrenaline to jump on a bigger pole (this according to one of my guy teammates). When I couldnt jump warming up at a meet i eventually just made myself jump because i knew my steps were on I just had to suck it up.

yeah i feel you on the adrenaline, my five step in practice was 50'-51' and in meets it was 54'-55'
"Life is not measured by the number of breath you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"

- Anonymous

Return to “Pole Vault - General”