I need a task force...

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

I need a task force...

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:42 pm

I need a group of people who can help me put together documentation about flying with poles to send to two airlines that currently will take poles, but have poorly worded policies that could cause passengers to be charged per pole instead of per container.

I had great success a few years ago in getting Southwest to rewrite their policy. I simply don't have the time an energy right now to go through it all again, but if a few people were willing to help get some information together, that would be awesome.

Reply here or email me becca@polevaultpower.com

newPVer
PV Pro

Unread postby newPVer » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:00 pm

if they charge by pole, put smaller poles in bigger poles, and take off the butt plugs? idk if it'd work, but its worth a shot..
PR- 15-1
Great season, time to top it

VaultLove
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultLove » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 pm

That never happens. I would leave it as you bring attention to pole vault transport creates a situation where they look into it. Our world is very smal- 99.5 % of airline travelers do not transport poles.

This letter may possibly have the same affect as a complaint or claim. I simply would not bring any attention to pole transport as we are running out of carriers

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:53 pm

It worked with Southwest, but I will keep that in mind. Southwest goes out of their way to be a friendly airline, others might not be as nice. :confused:

VaultLove
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultLove » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:08 pm

letters and complaints are much bigger than SW. transporting poles to Europe is nearly becoming extinct because of attention being brought to any prevailing problem.

we will all feel the impact. check your thoughts

rainbowgirl28 wrote:It worked with Southwest, but I will keep that in mind. Southwest goes out of their way to be a friendly airline, others might not be as nice. :confused:

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:24 am

VaultLove wrote:letters and complaints are much bigger than SW. transporting poles to Europe is nearly becoming extinct because of attention being brought to any prevailing problem.

we will all feel the impact. check your thoughts

A proactive policy would probably yield better results in the long run instead of, "shhh i hope nobody notices"
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

novavault101
PV Newbie

Unread postby novavault101 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:18 pm

I would be more than happy to help..contact me anytime about it. The season is almost over and I will have time to research and make necessary inquiries. I couldn't get my poles down to sea-rays from philly...thank you to Cornell, who let me borrow!

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”