"Gymnastics"

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
J_Gal
PV Beginner

wow

Unread postby J_Gal » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:57 pm

Becca, you are so on top of things. I am very impressed!! You are the coolest! Talk to you soon!
J_Gal
Dreaming BIG and Aiming Higher

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: wow

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:18 pm

J_Gal wrote:Becca, you are so on top of things. I am very impressed!! You are the coolest! Talk to you soon!

I wish I could have stayed long enough to film you and Natalie doing this stuff. Next time!

J_Gal
PV Beginner

Re: wow

Unread postby J_Gal » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:40 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:
I wish I could have stayed long enough to film you and Natalie doing this stuff. Next time!

Definitely, next time...whenever that may be...
J_Gal

EIUvltr
PV Pro
Expertise: Ex-collegiate pole vaulter B.S. Exercise Science ACSM personal trainer

Unread postby EIUvltr » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:35 pm

I love how everyone assumes that my "um you're hot" comment was a feeble attempt to get J gal to go out on a date with me or something. I only wrote it because it was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw her picture. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful either, where did that come from? Just because you say a person is hot, it doesn't mean you are implying that person has nothing to offer besides his/her looks. Plus if i had said "Um, you are breathtakingly beautiful," wouldn't that have been a little creepy?
"If he dies, he dies"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:16 pm

EIUvltr wrote:Plus if i had said "Um, you are breathtakingly beautiful," wouldn't that have been a little creepy?

I would be much more flattered and less creeped out by a "you are breathtakingly beautiful" than a "your hot."

EIUvltr
PV Pro
Expertise: Ex-collegiate pole vaulter B.S. Exercise Science ACSM personal trainer

Unread postby EIUvltr » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:32 pm

your hot

My hot what Becca? ;)
"If he dies, he dies"

Boomer
PV Fan

Unread postby Boomer » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:28 pm

'Hot' has many definitions. I would suggest that it is a very complimentary adjective when describing the ladies. For example, some definitions of 'hot' are:

Hot:

1. colors intense: very bright and vivid
hot pink

2. requiring attention: requiring immediate attention and offering potential success or good fortune
a hot tip

3. exciting: new, fresh, and exciting (informal)
a hot new talent

4. successful: very popular or successful (informal)
one of the hottest items in the range

5. keen: enthusiastically eager (informal)
She’s really hot on jazz.

6. physically attractive: physically attractive or exciting (slang)

7. eager: full of activity, energy, enthusiasm, or excitement
I’m really hot to get started.

Some of these may be slang definitions, but I concur with the original post of the 'hotness'. I can see many other turnoff lines being much worse.

Maybe the 'hot' ones could consider themselves intense, requiring attention, exciting, successful, keen, physically attractive, and enthusiastic instead of blaming the male population for its' lack of proper presentation.
Kristian Wilson
London Legion Track and Field Alliance
P'R' 5.25m

J_Gal
PV Beginner

Unread postby J_Gal » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:46 pm

EIUvltr wrote:
your hot

My hot what Becca? ;)

That is hilarious! He caught your spelling error as you were giving a grammar lesson! :D For the record, in this scenario it should be written "you're hot," "you're" being the contraction for "you are." And EIUvltr, I don't think that anyone was actually assuming you meant anying by your comment. I was surprised when I logged back on to see the full conversation that had taken place. I think it was a talk of grammar initially, in which you were given a compliment for projecting correctly. I am not sure, though, how the conversation switched to word choice. CRAZY! Anyway, thanks for the comment, and like Becca said, it is unusual to recieve that particullar comment with correct grammar, because it is usually given as "your hott," which does push most girls away. Anyway. I just thougth the "my hot what" phrase was cute, and it made me giggle.
PS...Becca, I can't wait for Reno! This week Eugene, next weekend Seattle, then we meet up in Reno! YAY!
J_Gal

J_Gal
PV Beginner

Unread postby J_Gal » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:53 pm

Boomer wrote:Maybe the 'hot' ones could consider themselves intense, requiring attention, exciting, successful, keen, physically attractive, and enthusiastic instead of blaming the male population for its' lack of proper presentation.

I like this idea. However, why not say the word you are intending so that the girls are not guessing? Guys always say that they can't read minds, and girls need to say what they are thinking instead of assuming the man knows. Well, why not just say what you think of. If you think the word "hot," say it. If you think intense, attractive or exciting, say that. Don't play word games. Just say what you think.

For the record, I don't see what any of this has to do with gymnastics. We got so far off track. We started with an insane vidoe, and transitioned into "how to pick up chicks" and "proper uses of the word hot." We vaulters are CRAZY!
J_Gal

LHSpolevault
PV Master
Expertise: Post Collegiate Vaulter, High School Coach, Club Coach
Lifetime Best: 4.00
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillenie

Unread postby LHSpolevault » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:51 pm

J_Gal wrote:
Boomer wrote:Maybe the 'hot' ones could consider themselves intense, requiring attention, exciting, successful, keen, physically attractive, and enthusiastic instead of blaming the male population for its' lack of proper presentation.

I like this idea. However, why not say the word you are intending so that the girls are not guessing? Guys always say that they can't read minds, and girls need to say what they are thinking instead of assuming the man knows. Well, why not just say what you think of. If you think the word "hot," say it. If you think intense, attractive or exciting, say that. Don't play word games. Just say what you think.

For the record, I don't see what any of this has to do with gymnastics. We got so far off track. We started with an insane vidoe, and transitioned into "how to pick up chicks" and "proper uses of the word hot." We vaulters are CRAZY!

You are beautiful. End of story. :rose:

EIUvltr
PV Pro

Unread postby EIUvltr » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:02 am

hey Adam, nice gymnastics video
"If he dies, he dies"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:14 am

J_Gal wrote:
EIUvltr wrote:
your hot

My hot what Becca? ;)

That is hilarious! He caught your spelling error as you were giving a grammar lesson! !

I did it that way on purpose, silly :P

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”