Class of 2007 College Signings

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

invert07
PV Nerd

Unread postby invert07 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:11 pm

Aledo’s Farley headed to Baylor

Jimmy Ivey
sports@weatherforddemocrat.com

ALEDO â€â€
sic 'em!!

Today, talent alone is not enough.

-sergey bubka-

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:28 am

Here is the link to that last post. Please do not post all or part of articles without providing a link to the source.

http://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/site ... 32404.html

polevaultdad
PV Nerd

Unread postby polevaultdad » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:13 am

Allison Stokke to Cal

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:35 am

Lauren Lucas (Round Rock HS, TX) to Kansas State
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:29 pm

http://www.hokiesports.com/track/recaps ... 15aaa.html

Virginia Tech signs nation's No. 4-ranked pole vaulter
Hunter Hall is a two-time All-American
November 15, 2006

BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech men's track and field program recently announced that pole vaulter Hunter Hall, of Homestead High School in Fort Wayne, Ind., has signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Hokies in the fall of 2007.

"Hunter Hall is one of the best high school pole vault talents I have seen during my twenty years of coaching," Virginia Tech pole vault coach Bob Phillips said. "He will be a great addition to our vault program here at Virginia Tech."

Hall placed fourth at the 2006 Nike Indoor Championships with a personal-best height of 16 feet, 8 inches to earn All-America honors. He is also the defending Indoor and Outdoor Indiana State 4A-5A Pole Vault Champion.

In 2005 while representing Homestead, Hall set the all-time Indiana sophomore class record of 16 feet, 6 inches, and was selected Indiana's Athlete of the Year by USATF. That same year, he placed fourth at the USATF Outdoor National Championships and earned All-America honors.

Hall has volunteered with several community service organizations including Habitat for Humanity, Fort Wayne Rescue Mission and Lifeline Home Service Project. He has also completed mission trips to San Salvador and El Salvador.

Hall is an Honor Roll Student and has received several Academic Honors during his tenure at Homestead High School.

He is the son of Randy and Alicia Hall.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:30 pm

http://www.bransondailynews.com/story.php?storyID=2330

Arkansas an easy choice

Tara Diebold is the first Branson senior athlete to sign a letter of intent with a NCAA D-I university since Steven Hill signed to play basketball for Arkansas in 2003.

BDN photo by
Pat Dailey

By Pat Dailey
BDN Sports Editor
pdailey@bransondailynews.com

Tara Diebold can recall watching in awe at a track meet in Joplin three years ago as Stephanie Irwin, a three-time state champion from Mount Ida, Ark., competed in the pole vault.

Diebold, a personable and hardly shy sort, struck up a conversation with Irwin and the two hit it off.

“She was really nice, a small-town girl,â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:27 pm

From Dyestat:

Morrison, Amy - Fenton HS, Fenton, MI - PV to Clemson
Last edited by rainbowgirl28 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PVJESS08
PV Whiz

Unread postby PVJESS08 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:15 pm

lonestar wrote:Lauren Lucas (Round Rock HS, TX) to Kansas State

CONGRATS LAUREN!!! :yes:

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:53 pm

I am not sure if she plans on doing track. It looks like Bryan kind of sponsors it, but it looks more cross country based.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_96800.asp

Lauaren Pratt Signs With Bryan Volleyball
posted November 16, 2006

Pictured: Standing, L-R; Megan Hardisty (Smokey Juniors 16’s Coach), Jeff Foster (Smokey Juniors Assistant Director), Jayme Smith (ORHS Head Coach), Leo Sayles (Bryan College Head Coach), Chuck Carringer (Oak Ridge Principal), Mike Mullins (Oak Ridge Athletic Director)
Seated; Mark Pratt, Lauren Pratt, Cathie Pratt
Oak Ridge High School’s Lauren Pratt recently signed her letter of intent to join the volleyball program at Bryan College in Dayton, Tenn.

Pratt, a two-sport athlete, will join the Lions as an outside hitter. Pratt was a 3-time all-district and all-district tournament selection, was honored as the 2005 District tournament MVP, and was named to the Prep Xtra 2nd team in 2005. As a Middle hitter for Oak Ridge, Pratt holds 8 school records in kills (match, career), blocks (solo-match, solo-career, total-career), digs (match, career), and Aces (game).

Lauren’s accomplishments extend to the classroom and the track as well. She maintained a 3.89 unweighted GPA, is a member of the National Honor Society, co-editor of the Yearbook, serves as vice president of the Spanish Honor Society, and is a member of the ORHS Student Council. Pratt was the 2006 Oak Ridge Track team Captain, and is the reigning AAA Sectional Pole Vault champion as well.

Pratt rejoins teammate Heather Hacker, and is the fourth player from the Smokey Mountain Junior Volleyball Club to join the Lions. Pratt was signed to fill the shoes of Bryan’s lone graduate, senior Abby Humphrey of Clinton, and is expected to be a major contributor to the team in 2007.

Jayme Smith, Oak Ridge’s head volleyball coach, commented, “I have never had a player as dedicated or excited about just being in the gym as Lauren Pratt. Lauren has been early for everything we have ever done since a freshman. She is at the gym early to set up or just chat and seems to always be the last to leave. She has this burning desire to compete and get better every time she plays and in most cases she does whether it be a big change or a small change. She has a great mind and also likes to question "why" which makes you as a coach work harder to try and stay ahead of her.â€Â

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby bjvando » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:34 pm

Rancho Bernardo Pole Vaulter Signs with Cal. State Fullerton (we already knew that but heres the announcement)--just scroll to the bottom for the important part

http://fullertontitans.cstv.com/sports/ ... 06aaa.html

Fullerton, Calif. - Five student-athletes have signed national letters of intent to attend Cal State Fullerton in the Fall of 2007 and compete in track and field and/or cross country.

Grace Gonzales of Ayala High School in Chino and Erin Griffith of Capistrano Valley High will compete on both the Titan women's cross country and track & field teams. Gonzales and Griffith both competed at the prestigious Woodbridge Invitational earlier this season and ran outstanding times of 17:35 and 17:46, respectively. They placed second and third in the same heat this past weekend on the Mt. SAC course at CIF-SS prelims with times of 18:16 and 18:19.

"I'm very excited to have Grace and Erin join our distance program next year," said Fullerton Head Coach John Elders. "They are both very talented runners who are great students. They will help a young, up and coming women's team get even better. The future looks very bright for our women's distance program."

Committing early to the CSF men's program are distance runners Chris Cattern and Jeff Mackay from Chino Hills High and pole vaulter Andrew Sullivan from Rancho Bernardo High in San Diego.

Mackay ran 15:41 on the Woodward Park course earlier this season at the Clovis Invitational and as a junior Cattern completed the Mt. SAC course in a time of 15:37. Cattern's parents, Mark & Denise, are both CSF alumni.

"Chris and Jeff are great additions to our distance program," said Elders. "I believe they will develop into very strong Division I distance runners who will help our team get into the upper echelon of the Big West Conference."

Sullivan is the No. 2 returning athlete in California in the pole vault and as a junior posted a personal best of 15 feet, 8 inches. He was the CIF San Diego Section Division I champion as a junior, but did not compete in the state meet so that he could attend his brother's wedding.

"We're very pleased to have Andrew join our vault squad and he will definitely help carry on a great tradition of vaulters here at CSF," said Elders.
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:07 pm

http://www.theacorn.com/news/2006/1116/Sports/083.html

Oak Park's Aubree Stark chooses UCLA

Aubree Stark, an Oak Park High senior, has signed a letter of intent to attend UCLA.

Stark has set school, league and meet records in the pole vault while at OPHS.

"UCLA has the strongest track team in the nation, and the pole vault coach, Anthony Curran, is among the top coaches in the world," Stark said. "UCLA is academically the right choice for me, being among the best ranked universities and still in Southern California."

Stark was disappointed last season after pulling her quadriceps muscle during the Masters Meet at the CIF finals.

"I'm healthy now and looking forward to my final high school season," she said.

Stark said that if it were not for Oak Park track and field coach Kevin Smith, she and a lot of other kids would never have had the opportunity to learn to pole vault.

Coach Smith, an alumnus of UCLA, brought back pole vaulting as a field event at Oak Park after it had been disbanded for many years.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:11 pm

From Dyestat:

Gann, Kyle - Western HS, Kokomo, IN - multi/PV to Louisville
Webb, Dana - Valparaiso, IN - PV to South Florida

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”