What would you do??

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

jumpbackin
PV Whiz

Re: Hey chris

Unread postby jumpbackin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 am

rainbowgirl28 wrote:
rlynn2 wrote:I don't think you should bring the subject up anymore with those coaches. You did your part. You got results saying that your fine and not injured by more than one doctor so "You proved your not a liabilty to the school". You say that you tried to talk with them about your results? If so and they are giving you the cold shoulder, then I personally would do this. You did the right thing by presenting the proof that your not injured. Therefore, if they did not say "after you presented the new results to them" that you could not jump, then go ahead and jump. Just keep to yourself and "Be low key about it" until everything blows over and becomes old news. I hate to say, that is the only thing you can do about it. You don't want to open a can a worms. You don't want to keep bringing the subject up. Why? Because know one in power wants to be put in their place. Basically by bringing the issue up to the coaches, It shows that they were wrong "which they don't want to hear" and presents a threat to them. Basically you just want to jump for the team so just stay away from bringing the issue up. Go to practice and weasle your way into the practice sence and hope they let this blow over. Thats the best thing for ya. Good luck chris.
Randall Lynn

When you get cut from a team, you can't just keep showing up for practice. It doesn't work like that.

You can if it's ok with the coaches.

rlynn2
PV Beginner

Call Jerry up Chris

Unread postby rlynn2 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:04 pm

Since Chris was told he can't be on the team then it would not be right to show up and go against the coaches authority. He got an answer from the coach that he can't be on the team so thats thats. Good luck Chris but definatly give Jerry a call and jump at his place. I heard he has an indoor facility. Its probably like 25 miles away. Talk with you later Chris.
Randall

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Call Jerry up Chris

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:49 am

rlynn2 wrote:Since Chris was told he can't be on the team then it would not be right to show up and go against the coaches authority.

Yeah, that would be a realllly awkward situation for everyone.

I've never heard of a vaulter getting cut from a DI program and still being able to practice.

I've never heard of a vaulter getting cut period from anything smaller than DI unless it was a discipline issue, but there are some deep small school programs, so I am sure it has happened from time to time.

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:38 pm

i just found out today that they are only keeping one vaulter. seams kinda crazy to me but oh well
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:57 pm

vaulter870 wrote:i just found out today that they are only keeping one vaulter. seams kinda crazy to me but oh well

They probably have a lot of pressure from administration to keep guys' numbers wayy down. I know University of Washington has had years where they would not allow any guy walk-ons.

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:35 pm

yeah i can understand that i think it just sucks for the one guy cause he has no one to jump with now
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

Return to “Pole Vault - College”