Northern New Jersey Vault Club

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

morvora_vocals
PV Newbie

Northern New Jersey Vault Club

Unread postby morvora_vocals » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:22 pm

This is assistant coach alexander berardi letting u know that the Heights Unlimited club is reopening Nov 4th to all comers. we have indoor and outdoor facilities and change seasonally and i finished the final bits on the new website w/ more facility pictures pending but u get the idea.

www.heightsunlimited.com

check us out and our contact info is there and if HIP is too far a trip for you guys (we support HIP know them all well and compete at similar meets good guys) then Branchville might be closer and a better fit for you.

we provide a full training regiment, warm up etc for young learners and for some of you seasoned vaulters just looking for a place to jump, we have a seperate plan that has more freedom for you to do your own thing and vault at one's own convenience.

hope to get crazy with some of you guys and girls real soon and remember be smart and be safe learn the right techniques because no amount of meet points is worth your health or your future.
manowar, born to live forever more!

morvora_vocals
PV Newbie

FREE PASS

Unread postby morvora_vocals » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:25 pm

we are now exclusively offering a printable free pass right off of our website that allows you to test us out, after all if your going to pay you should know what your paying for, so come down and test us out, just print out the consent form and the pass and come on down, contact us at our site.

www.heightsunlimited.com

also thanks to friends here for recommending the use of the message board. so thanks!!

Bonevt
PV Whiz

Unread postby Bonevt » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:46 pm

who is the head coach and what is some of his expericnce?

Cooleo111
PV Pro
Expertise: HS/College/Post-collegiate vaulter, coach
Lifetime Best: 4.80

Unread postby Cooleo111 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:34 pm

I'll probably get up there sometime during the winter just to check the place out.

morvora_vocals
PV Newbie

head coach

Unread postby morvora_vocals » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:58 pm

the head coach is Al J. Berardi, he has 40 years of coaching he's coached at Manhattan college w/ Coach dan mecca, he's coached w/ Jerry Cahil at Iona, he's coached many vaulter in Hudson Valley including numerous 13+ high school vaulters, and 15+ high school vaulters, he's a former all american, and every coach from tim st. lawrence of warwick to Chris Huffins of Cal Berkeley will tell u he knows his stuff. he coaches women and men and has devoted most of his time now to teaching safety following the series deaths and contraversey that arose a few years ago. he is a certified official, but now that he has opened this club he's teaching all levels again, and he's coached begginner to olympian. basically he's the best coach u never heard of haha. though im somewhat biased in that statement.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Re: head coach

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:38 pm

morvora_vocals wrote:the's coached begginner to olympian.

Who was the Olympian?
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

morvora_vocals
PV Newbie

olympic level

Unread postby morvora_vocals » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:18 pm

Bill Jancunis in the high jump and trained/trained w/ a fairly well known decathalete who now coaches at princton hehe. Jancunis won the american trials when he qualified.

CLCPV04
PV Whiz

Guys or Birls?

Unread postby CLCPV04 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:57 pm

he's coached many vaulter in Hudson Valley including numerous 13+ high school vaulters, and 15+ high school vaulters

13+ guys or girls?

trained/trained w/ a fairly well known decathalete who now coaches at princton hehe

Fred Samera is the only coach who would fit that statement. Trained or trained with?

Glad to hear we have more places to vault! I'll come up!

morvora_vocals
PV Newbie

come on up/down

Unread postby morvora_vocals » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:36 pm

yeah coach samara and my father have known each other since high school, way back in the 1800s haha. And some of the women who have trained with us and myself personally include Lindsay Rosalas and Merideth Mante, though they have trained with other coaches in our area later in their careers, we help anyone at a track meet who is willing to ask for it and we get asked haha. recently in the hudson valley area we coached Liberty High School vaulters and continue to work with vaulters of that high school, and as far as current female vaulters we have many who are too young to compete on the high school level but they will be good when the do, and we're very happy to have a lot of athletes new to the sport because we love to build vaulters from the ground up and help them determine what their career ultimately needs most, even if it means they leave us for other coaching elsewhere, whats important is that the vaulter learns what they need to be safe, smart vaulters and learn to train smartly, maximizing height is only a matter of a vaulter executing coaching instructions, and that ability comes from various styles of coaching until we find one that makes sense to the vaulter haha.

currently training with us in the off seasons is Rory Quiller, my old roomate from college and competed in NCAA's finishing 13th i believe last time he competed, Binghamton Universtity school record holder and topping out his Junior Year with a 17'6.25 vault, if i remember that right metric conversions may vary a 1/4 inch or so. Rory is finishing his NCAA career at Binghamton and we look forward to a Big Indoor season under coach Mike Thompson. Rory vaults for us over the summer and winter break and its not uncommon to walk in and see our bar up around the 18' mark durring those times.

Cooleo111
PV Pro
Expertise: HS/College/Post-collegiate vaulter, coach
Lifetime Best: 4.80

Unread postby Cooleo111 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:20 pm

I saw Rory vault over the summer, and he hit 17' easy...I'm sure he'll do big things this year!

lonestar
PV Lover

Re: come on up/down

Unread postby lonestar » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:30 pm

morvora_vocals wrote:yeah coach samara and my father have known each other since high school, way back in the 1800s haha. And some of the women who have trained with us and myself personally include Lindsay Rosalas and Merideth Mante, though they have trained with other coaches in our area later in their careers, we help anyone at a track meet who is willing to ask for it and we get asked haha. recently in the hudson valley area we coached Liberty High School vaulters and continue to work with vaulters of that high school, and as far as current female vaulters we have many who are too young to compete on the high school level but they will be good when the do, and we're very happy to have a lot of athletes new to the sport because we love to build vaulters from the ground up and help them determine what their career ultimately needs most, even if it means they leave us for other coaching elsewhere, whats important is that the vaulter learns what they need to be safe, smart vaulters and learn to train smartly, maximizing height is only a matter of a vaulter executing coaching instructions, and that ability comes from various styles of coaching until we find one that makes sense to the vaulter haha.

currently training with us in the off seasons is Rory Quiller, my old roomate from college and competed in NCAA's finishing 13th i believe last time he competed, Binghamton Universtity school record holder and topping out his Junior Year with a 17'6.25 vault, if i remember that right metric conversions may vary a 1/4 inch or so. Rory is finishing his NCAA career at Binghamton and we look forward to a Big Indoor season under coach Mike Thompson. Rory vaults for us over the summer and winter break and its not uncommon to walk in and see our bar up around the 18' mark durring those times.

That's great - I'm glad to hear y'all are working with Liberty's vaulters. They didn't have any when I was in hs. I went to Tri-Valley, but only lived about 5 minutes from Liberty. I hope more vaulters from Sullivan County schools come out.

Mike T. at Binghamton is a great coach and vaulter. I truly enjoyed watching him jump when they came up to Cortland to use our indoor track.
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

morvora_vocals
PV Newbie

coach thompson

Unread postby morvora_vocals » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:00 pm

coach thompson is the man he's a really good drummer too haha.

rory opened at 17 over teh summer, he should have had 18 at that meet but his family showed up and jinxed him haha i was gonna shoot him.

Return to “Northeast Region”