San Marcos River Vault!! July 2nd!!!

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Texas

Moderator: achtungpv

blakedow
PV Nerd

Unread postby blakedow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:35 am

rainbowgirl28 wrote:Jason Calle won the sub expert category with a very good 16-foot jump followed by Luther Blake at 15 feet.

C'mon... Luther Blake??? Did the guy even read the results...??? My first time in the San Marcos Daily Record, and they mess up my name... This sorta stuff always happens to me... :mad:
4.75... Write THAT down...

fx
PV Whiz

Unread postby fx » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:18 pm

Wow wut's up with jason colwick's takeoff? Is this his key to vaulting big or just some random way he does it because he can't fix it

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:01 pm

fx wrote:Wow wut's up with jason colwick's takeoff? Is this his key to vaulting big or just some random way he does it because he can't fix it

He's the San Martian. You don't try to understand it, you just accept it.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

blakedow
PV Nerd

Unread postby blakedow » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:04 am

fx wrote:Wow wut's up with jason colwick's takeoff? Is this his key to vaulting big or just some random way he does it because he can't fix it

I know that Kris Allison has done about everything in his power to "correct" his takeoff, but it works so effectively, it would probably make his vault worse if he were to do it "right" because it would be out of his comfort zone... I am surprised to see how many vaulters are using this takeoff and being successful (i.e. Jason Colwick - 17', Jimmie Heath - 18', Mark Johnson - 18')... All these guys have gymnastics in their backgrounds and maybe that is where this crazy takeoff comes from, or maybe it is mere coincidence... I dont know, I'm not a proctologist... Maybe there is something to this unusual way of getting off the ground!! :yes:
4.75... Write THAT down...

Return to “Texas”