17' anyone?

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

hallvaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Randy Hall

Unread postby hallvaulter » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:14 pm

Im curious why this post hasnt been ended...it has really served as no point, only diminishing the vaulters and their accomplishments. Lets just all end this now.
Coach Bob Phillips

pole bender
PV Nerd

Unread postby pole bender » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:29 pm

hallvaulter wrote:Im curious why this post hasnt been ended...it has really served as no point, only diminishing the vaulters and their accomplishments. Lets just all end this now.

noone has a gun at your head forcing you to read or post. i was just wondering who everyone thought would get 17' first (in your state) and then how high the state record will be by 2009.

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:10 pm

just let it rest no one(even in our own state) cares
pain is only temporary victory is forever

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm

pole bender wrote:
hallvaulter wrote:Im curious why this post hasnt been ended...it has really served as no point, only diminishing the vaulters and their accomplishments. Lets just all end this now.

noone has a gun at your head forcing you to read or post. i was just wondering who everyone thought would get 17' first (in your state) and then how high the state record will be by 2009.
Higher than either of us will ever get.... be patient until 2009 and see for yourself!
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:49 pm

OMG!!! :dazed:

Pole bender...please, just stop it now.

All of your "Who's going to be the top in 2008? What's this athlete thinking?" posts really don't serve any purpose....no one here is going to be able to put forth any rational speculation as to what's going to happen that far in advance because:

1. We aren't those athletes and the majority of us don't know those athletes well enough to say what they are going to do in two or three years.

2. Anything can happen in that great an amount of time.

3. Nothing that is said here can change that fact (#2).

Yes, we don't have to read it (you already know my thoughts on why we reply), but you also don't have to start topics that have no constructive purpose and just aggravate others. Furthermore, nothing that we say here will change what the athletes do or what might happen one, two, or three years from now. Therefore, the "discussion" is pointless.

Let's just stick to the next few meets that are going on this year like JO's and Nike Outdoor...at least there we can have some idea of what might happen by looking back on how they've performed this season.

In the meantime, I vote that this thread gets locked.
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:00 pm

i vote for all the post like this(somehow from the same person) be locked

pole bender
PV Nerd

Unread postby pole bender » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:50 pm

bvpv07 wrote:OMG!!! :dazed:

Pole bender...please, just stop it now.

All of your "Who's going to be the top in 2008? What's this athlete thinking?" posts really don't serve any purpose....no one here is going to be able to put forth any rational speculation as to what's going to happen that far in advance because:

1. We aren't those athletes and the majority of us don't know those athletes well enough to say what they are going to do in two or three years.

2. Anything can happen in that great an amount of time.

3. Nothing that is said here can change that fact (#2).

Yes, we don't have to read it (you already know my thoughts on why we reply), but you also don't have to start topics that have no constructive purpose and just aggravate others. Furthermore, nothing that we say here will change what the athletes do or what might happen one, two, or three years from now. Therefore, the "discussion" is pointless.

Let's just stick to the next few meets that are going on this year like JO's and Nike Outdoor...at least there we can have some idea of what might happen by looking back on how they've performed this season.

In the meantime, I vote that this thread gets locked.

ok, 1st , you guys really need to relax. I agree with your points 1 2 and 3. and like you said , if you dont like it (post) dont reply. it will most likely die. however the questions i post here are valid.

bvpv07
PV Great
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:12 pm

What's valid about posting a question that no one has the ability to answer?

That is not what I've said about replying...what I said was that, since these types of posts usually lead to attacking athletes or posting controversial views that are likely to get a rise out of someone, you are somewhat obliged to reply if only to stand up for the athlete and/or your own beliefs.

Whatever...it's going to stay alive if you, pole bender, keep on posting them.

I won't even open them anymore. (What a childish thing this has come to!)
Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars

pole bender
PV Nerd

Unread postby pole bender » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:53 pm

bvpv07 wrote:What's valid about posting a question that no one has the ability to answer?

That is not what I've said about replying...what I said was that, since these types of posts usually lead to attacking athletes or posting controversial views that are likely to get a rise out of someone, you are somewhat obliged to reply if only to stand up for the athlete and/or your own beliefs.

Whatever...it's going to stay alive if you, pole bender, keep on posting them.

I won't even open them anymore. (What a childish thing this has come to!)

"What's valid about posting a question that no one has the ability to answer?"...whats valid is your OWN OPINION! we do live in a free country, no? OF COURSE noone knows who can do what , BUT what is wrong with stating your "guess"??? nothing. spencer has a good chance at 18'. good luck to ALL!

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:06 pm

how about shane ruckel could he go 17 feet?

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:30 pm

enough already..........

LOCKED!
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”