Height for age?

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

PVJESS08
PV Whiz

Unread postby PVJESS08 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:59 pm

Yes Mecham! I like that one the best! It's an awesome pic :yes:

Justbendit
PV Newbie

Unread postby Justbendit » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:06 am

[quote="nitro"]i would think that 13 feet is really good for a freshman[/quote]

Thing is I go to a single a school and no great PV coaches... and the record for highschool girls is 10ft. I think i'll have 9'6 this year!

hayley

P.S. Thanks Jess for the site~!

PVJESS08
PV Whiz

Unread postby PVJESS08 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:04 pm

No problem! I hope the site helps, its fun to look at it and see what everyone is jumping in all the different states.

I think when Corey (nitro) told you that 13' is good for a freshman, he thought you were a boy (haha) - and just so you know, the freshman national record - for a girl - is held by Allison Stokke and its 12'8 - she set that two years ago.

I bet you get your school record this year! Keep me posted and keep up the good work!

phxjumps

Unread postby phxjumps » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:31 pm

That's a great start, I would be happy to have that kind of performance from an 8th grader...we don't even start in PA till 9th grade. Just remember it's about having fun and competing against yourself at first...that will change with time. Good height progression will come with a better approach, the first year or so don't forget to work on running mechanics, a little long jumping can help too!

highhopes
PV Fan

Unread postby highhopes » Wed May 31, 2006 6:09 pm

My first year i got 10" with bad form and now turn with my head being the highest part of my body as i went over the bar
“Practice like you playâ€Â

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Wed May 31, 2006 6:14 pm

The best girl in our school is a freshman who went 9 just recently, but with a great coach, I bet if you get with a really good coach you will fly! 8'6 for an 8th grade girl is really good! Id love to see you get that record by next year.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

Return to “Pole Vault - General”