studying in college....

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:59 pm

Now that I look at it and see the headband and hair, i think you might be right.
Man Up and Jump

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:39 am

It's Pauli. I have a bunch of pictures from the same meet (Kansas Relays) posted at http://www.polevaultpower.com/media

That's where I met PacerJake :)

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:14 am

OAKPV2004 wrote:meh. I guess, i heard good stuff about it. this is probably my 5th time i changed major in only a year... probably not the last. lol

Get ready for working like at least 6 12 hour days, but you can clear bank.

I guy I know somehow bought an Outback franchise right out of college. The terms were he had to pay Outback 80% of the profits for 8 years to pay for it and after that just the standard annual franchise fee & percentage...even with an 80% cut in pay for 8 years, his wife didn't work and he could afford a $400K house. He had to work 7 days a week for those 8 years, but once he was paid up with the parent company he hired a good manager to take over for him and now just works a day or two a week.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:17 am

I personally think there should be a degree in Entrepreneurship if there's not one.

Everyone's goal should be to work for themselves.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:50 am

Rich Dad/Poor Dad is a great book to read for those of you who think working for someone else is a good deal.

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby vaultmd » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 am

CHC04Vault wrote:I am Majoring in Bio, but getting all my pre-reqs done for Pre-Med. I am also studying to minor in Philosophy. My goal is to become a orthapedic sugereon, so i can help people like me get back to vaulting

If you really want to help athletes, you consider a career in chiropractic. Once the orthopaedic surgeon has to get involved, something already is really messed up.

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:54 am

vaultmd wrote:
CHC04Vault wrote:I am Majoring in Bio, but getting all my pre-reqs done for Pre-Med. I am also studying to minor in Philosophy. My goal is to become a orthapedic sugereon, so i can help people like me get back to vaulting

If you really want to help athletes, you consider a career in chiropractic. Once the orthopaedic surgeon has to get involved, something already is really messed up.

Great advice!
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:37 am

vaultmd wrote:

WHAT?!?!?! The whole point of me wanting to be a Orthopaedic Surgeon is to help those who are really past the point of being helped by a chiroptactor. Not to mention, there is a HUGE misconception about these people (no offese lol.) Not to mention, im pretty sure they can't fix a torn minescus. I think i'll stick to my goal...sounds better to people to, lol
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:35 pm

CHC04Vault wrote:
WHAT?!?!?! The whole point of me wanting to be a Orthopaedic Surgeon is to help those who are really past the point of being helped by a chiroptactor. Not to mention, there is a HUGE misconception about these people (no offese lol.) Not to mention, im pretty sure they can't fix a torn minescus. I think i'll stick to my goal...sounds better to people to, lol

Sounds like you're pretty confident you know everything already - good luck with that...

(shakes head)
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:35 pm

BAE for Physical Education with a minor in coaching.
"Life is not measured by the number of breath you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"
- Anonymous

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:58 pm

I am not looking to get involved in an argument, but many of the athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, and physical therapists that I have talked to all seem to agree that chiropractors don;t do anything. I agree that they make you feel better, but it has not been scientifically proven that they actually fix any problem at all.
Man Up and Jump

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby vaultmd » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:35 am

VaultMarq26 wrote:I am not looking to get involved in an argument, but many of the athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, and physical therapists that I have talked to all seem to agree that chiropractors don;t do anything. I agree that they make you feel better, but it has not been scientifically proven that they actually fix any problem at all.

That's probably based on "research" done by athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, and physical therapits. LOL

The best athletic trainers and physical therapists I know all have good relationships with good chiropractic colleagues.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”