USA Junior Outdoor Track & Field Championships

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

USA Junior Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Unread postby cdmilton » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:23 am

Has anyone ever been to the USA Junior Outdoor Track & Field Championships? I coach a girl that might be able to go and I am looking for more detail on what it is like and if it is something we should try to get into.
Chris Milton

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:39 am

I'd be interested in any info as we also have a girl who is gettin up there...
"Heart"

polevaultdad
PV Nerd

Unread postby polevaultdad » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:22 pm

Been to both JO's and JR Nationals. JO's seems better run and easier to get into. Competition by age. JR Nat's is good but the purpose of choosing 2 to go to worlds makes it harder to get into.

Great exposure and since both are limited by age, there are limited chances, so go for it why you can.

PVMD2B
PV Fan

Unread postby PVMD2B » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:49 am

I went to the Jr. Nationals in 1999 and 2000. (Both in Denton, TX) One of the most amazing experiences! I PR-ed both trips and the second trip made the US Jr. National team and got to compete in Santiago, Chile.

This meet gives you the chance to compete against some really great pole vaulters at a great facility. I remember my first year jumping against Tracy O'Hara and was just star-struck. The following year I PR-ed to make the US team.

GO FOR IT. If you can get in it is well worth your time!
Laura

Ali~PVC
PV Fan

Unread postby Ali~PVC » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:04 am

i know that it is too late, but what do you have to do to qualify for the meet?? i would really like to go next year.
live well, laugh often, love much...PVC for life!

Return to “Pole Vault - General”