State Track meet rules...

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

BigStick Club
PV Nerd

State Track meet rules...

Unread postby BigStick Club » Mon May 30, 2005 12:51 am

...so it said post things of local interest in our respective regions, and I don't know if it applies to anyone else, so...here it is.

Does anyone else think that Wyoming's rule of forcing pole vault coaches to sit in the stands is dangerous, silly and outdated? What are your thoughts...does anybody in another state have the same situation? Would it even make that much of a difference to us (the vaulters) if they were there by us?

I only ask because I was ranting about it (well, that and the stupidity of the 4A Boys PV volunteers) and the AD of my school overheard and said if I/we can provide solid evidence and a good proposal, there's a pretty good chance we could get it changed.
Last edited by BigStick Club on Tue May 31, 2005 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Mon May 30, 2005 10:19 am

I know Illinois has a coaching area at it state meets that is about 10 yards from the pit. All of the college confefence meets I have been to also have a place for the coaches to talk to the pole vaulters. I couldn't help u with a proposal, but I think you should definatly do it.
Man Up and Jump

wyovaulter
PV Beginner
Expertise: College Vaulter, Fan

Unread postby wyovaulter » Mon May 30, 2005 10:28 pm

nicole!! woo hoo, lets do it! somethin needs to be said, its not like they are going to cheat or anything, of course you and i have probably talked about this all before once or twice, so yeah, i really think that you, or i or we or whatever should get somethin written and send it in to the state
Welcome to 7200 feet, How's your oxygen?

BigStick Club
PV Nerd

Unread postby BigStick Club » Tue May 31, 2005 12:43 pm

I think we should definitely try at the very least. Apart from the obvious advantages by having our coaches right by us, it would eliminate the need for vaulters to keep running back and forth across the track, potentially disrupting a race or something like that. Little Ben and I were yelled at about that after he jumped.

Return to “North and Central Regions”