Best things to work on at home

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
Bonevt
PV Whiz

Unread postby Bonevt » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:20 pm

Handstand push ups are really good, if u can't do any just hold in a hand stand. Also climbing a rope if u have one, try it upside down if u get good enough.

illmatic3
PV Fan

Unread postby illmatic3 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:48 pm

how the hell do u climb a rope upsidedown, lol....

anyways, i can do handstands with ease, but i lose the balance when i do the push ups.
I am the Revolutionary.

TAMPAKINGPV
PV Wannabe

Unread postby TAMPAKINGPV » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:29 pm

AHH MAN! i cant do those handstand push-up...so hard... i have to have myself leaning against a wall then i can get a few....

and climbing ropes upside down. that is hard for me too...u like lock your legs round the rope to keep your feet up there and use your hands to move up the rope, thus lifting your body weight upside down....if you get real good u dont have to lock your legs round and your can hold your body erect in the air upside down, as if you are getting verticle next to your pole...fun stuff right there

geoff
"I'm not usually to focused on who I'm jumping against. The competition at the meet is more me against the crossbar."

Bonevt
PV Whiz

Unread postby Bonevt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:49 am

Its fine to do them against the wall, start out small then when you can bang out 10 on a wall try and do some while balancing on your hands.

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”