Pole Bag Lining?

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

moehill
PV Wannabe

Pole Bag Lining?

Unread postby moehill » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:29 pm

I am looking for the best possible tubing to put in my pole bag. I was just curios as to what everyone uses. ANy sugestions please

mowad1
PV Whiz

Unread postby mowad1 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:18 pm

corrugated or uncorrugated PVC pipe from your plumbing store. I think 8 inch diameter.

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:04 pm

Lined corrugated drainage pipe. It's like the other stuff commonly available but has a smooth lining on the inside that helps protect the poles better and adds strength to the wall. The most common brand I see is ADS (stands for Advanced Drainage Systems).

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:43 pm

Hancor is the rand name I elive, 6" is the size. For some reason my letter after A key has quit working so add that letter anywhere it should be, oh now it's working again. Ferguson Enterprise has een a good source for me. ut any place that sells utility and pluming pipe should e a good source. sorry aout that missing letter
compete and jump safe, have fun

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:35 pm

Double-wall corrugated drain pipe
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Hawkeye
PV Beginner

Unread postby Hawkeye » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:54 am

Correct, the answer is definately double wall drainage pipe and acs is one of the best sources just make sure you take your pole bag with you. 8" was too large for a five pole bag, but would have been perfect for a seven pole bag. I went to get it on friday and will have to order 6" instead. I think the 8" will fit in our spirit bag though but I can't confirm till I make another trip back. The double wall has the smooth interior which makes is stiffer and doesn't bend nearly as much as the single wall. Also the single wall with the rippled inside will tear up the wrap on your poles. It was about $65 for a twenty foot section at the local farm supply store here in Iowa.

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:37 pm

Ferguson sells it for about a dollar thirty a foot, less than thirty a stick.
compete and jump safe, have fun

cormanac
PV Beginner

Pole Protectors

Unread postby cormanac » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:51 am

We use Double-wall corrugated drain pipe to protect all of our poles along with a cloth pillow case like cover around each pole to protect from scratches while traveling:idea:. They are easy to make as we went to the Salvation Army store, bought some old sheets, and used a sewing maching to make them. They slip on and off easily and each vaulter can use their own design to easily identify own poles as well.
"To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift."

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”