seniors vaulting in college

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Vaulter99
PV Beginner

Unread postby Vaulter99 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:43 pm

Im from lower new york and Ill be vaulting at the University of Albany in the fall

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:45 pm

I am from a very small town in Eastern Missouri and I my school doesn't even have a vaulting facility. I just started vaulting last year as a junior, but I was addicted right from the start. Currently as a senior I have a PR of 13'3" thanks to the majic of the Earl Bell camps. I have talked to the coaches from Central Missouri State U, Baker U, Missouri Southern State U, and a few others, but those are the 3 at the top of my list at the moment. Good luck to everyone with their plans!
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:58 pm

Being a Dec is rough as a freshman.....I came in knowing how to Pole Vault, Long Jump, and Hurdle.......the only problem is that I had to learn all of the throws and the hurdles got taller (42"). I practice right around the maximum each week and had 18 credits. I finally convinced my coach that I could get just as many, if not more points if I just vaulted instead of doing the Dec.
Man Up and Jump

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:18 pm

I've already updated the other post concerning Will you vault in "College", but it looks like that post is locking down so to update the peeps looking on this one, i'm gonna vault for marquette next year ;)

PVPirate26
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby PVPirate26 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:56 pm

it's official...i will be vaulting at emory next year!!! ;)

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:07 pm

congrats Ashley!!!
I'm so gonna have to sign up unattached at one of your meets, if its allowed/possible...hmm...., and i don't think you wanna come up to the cold weather so i'll just come down there :D But we can always have a Mock Marquette VS Emory meet back at OPRF over some break..lol...

PVPirate26
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby PVPirate26 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:09 pm

a mock meet sounds like a party!! i am definitely in!! and you better be coming to me because once i am in warm weather, i'm never gonna leave it!! ;)

cnfsedcaligal
PV Fan

Unread postby cnfsedcaligal » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:10 pm

well i'm not a senior this year...i'm a freshman in college, but ididn't vault this year, so i'm excited to be going to Cuesta next year to vault...then hopefuly back out here to ASU for the PAC 10 or to CalPoly in the Big West
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."- unknown

izzystikchik
PV Follower

Unread postby izzystikchik » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:11 pm

oh, come on. You have to see my place at least once!!! If i'm gonna travel my @$$, 900 miles south just to see you, you better at least give me the pleasure of one visit!!!!! It doesn't have to be long and it can be during the fall or spring!!!! And if you happen to have any meets that bring you up north just holla

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 pm

We should do one this summer. We'll have Kristen come down and we will have a summer fun meet!!!!
Man Up and Jump

izzystikchik
PV Follower

Unread postby izzystikchik » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:20 pm

doesn't Cuesta have some relationship to Jan Johnson???

ton
PV Newbie

Unread postby ton » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:26 pm

hey, PVpirate, when youre down at emory next, tell coach James Goss his high school in skaneateles says hello!

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”