the crossbar is mean!

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

vaultinggoat16
PV Whiz

Unread postby vaultinggoat16 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:09 am

at one meet I was over like a full step but still went up and kicked the bar extremely hard and I got to watch as it sailed over the pit onto the track and took out about 2 distance runners
-B
What poles are made of fiberglass now....

VaultBrad
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultBrad » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:59 am

i broke the cross bar with my back one time. i was going for a then would be PR 15-7 and knocke the crossbar of with my chest. somehow, it is still a mystery to me, the bar wound up under me when i hit the pit. another time it just came down on my nose. it didnt bleed, but it swelled up for a while.

PVPirate26
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby PVPirate26 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:55 am

I cleared the crossbar during practice one day, and I was sitting in the pit while my coach picked up my pole and put it in the box to show me that I wasn't riding it long enough but he accidentally hit the crossbar and it came crashing down on top of my head. IT REALLY HURT!!

BethelPV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post Collegiate Vaulter, High School Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Billy Olson

Unread postby BethelPV » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:56 am

Since you are talking about hitting a nose, I once gave myself a bloody nose while going over a crossbar. I hit it with my chest, and when the bar went to snap back, it hit my nose, and caused it to start bleeding. I made the bar none the less.

Zachmo
Vault with a purpose... Vault for God!!

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”