Abs From Vaulting

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Abs From Vaulting

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:27 am

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone elses abs were...deformed?

One side of my abs is much larger, and a bit higher/lower depending on which side than the other. I usually don't do regular ab workouts until about a week ago. My workouts are balanced, but one side is bigger than the otehr. I didnt know if it had to do with which handed vaulter i am. :confused:

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:12 am

I don't have abs :( I really want them too...

Anyone know of a decent workout for them?
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

fong520
PV Pro

Unread postby fong520 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:18 am

i have uneven abs.. but their not one side bigger than the other.. im pretty sure its from genetics that u have uneven or my brother says its from sloouching an dhte way i sit heh whihc may make sense

for abs id say just do variations of crunches like elevated, side crunches im not sure if thats wat its called, id do some leg lifts, v-ups.. id say situps too but iunno i cant do them i think i do them wrong cause my neck adn lower back always kills more than my abs do.. actually my abs dont even h urt when i do them haha i dont do enough casue my neck and lower back
i run, therefore im buff.

Beam
PV Nerd

Unread postby Beam » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:49 pm

Lord of the Poles wrote:I don't have abs :( I really want them too...

Anyone know of a decent workout for them?

Buy a six pack a day of Michalob Ultra (this is for the low carbs. . . it makes you healthy if you follow trendy diets) a day. Drink the whole six pack. I usually will have 3 before dinner just after pole vaulting, then three after dinner just before having ice cream. This will ensure that you are getting plenty of calories in your diet. You want to make sure you target that area between your low abs and man boobs. You can poke and prod at your stomach in order to establish a neurological feeling in the area where you want most of your "ab". Good luck. If you have anymore health or work out questions, don't hesitate to post. As one 24 hour fitness slave said, "Don't listen to me, I'm just a personal trainer." ;)
"If you don't want to be
a deadbeat like me,
I won't blame you." Owen

monopoly00
PV Wannabe

Unread postby monopoly00 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:26 pm

For me, the best thing that works is to get a 25 lb. plate and hold it on your chest and do crunches. I do 75 normal crunches with the plate on my chest, then turn your legs and I do 25 crunches on each side with the plate...Good work out for me.

DaRuk
PV Fan

Unread postby DaRuk » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:12 pm

Your abs arent deformed, thats how abs are. I don't think Ive ever seen anyone with perfectly symetrical abs. My right ones are higher than the left. If you think about the inside of your body, your organs are mostly not paired, and stomachs are on the left side. And if you ever get really full you might see the left bulge out further than the right. :)

Oyndapants
PV Fan

Unread postby Oyndapants » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:50 am

good insight derek
"Where are my shoes? Thats it, I'm going out shoeless."

tim hutzley
PV Pro

Unread postby tim hutzley » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:39 am

DaRuk wrote:Your abs arent deformed, thats how abs are. I don't think Ive ever seen anyone with perfectly symetrical abs. My right ones are higher than the left. If you think about the inside of your body, your organs are mostly not paired, and stomachs are on the left side. And if you ever get really full you might see the left bulge out further than the right. :)

Batman has perfectly symetrical abs, I think he's only got four though.

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”