I have an inquisition...........

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

The King
PV Newbie

I have an inquisition...........

Unread postby The King » Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 pm

i'm from a hic town in northern NY.......... real small school...... class D. i'm a young sophmore, turnin 16 in july. as of right now i can get 11' and almost have 11'3"..... one meet left to get it..........

anyway, how is that in comparison....... is that good for sophmores? last year my max was 8'6"

i've also never had a pole vaulting coach. none here ever did it. i've taught myself everything.

if 11' is real good for ppl my age im not tryin to brag, i seriously dont know how i stand compared to those around me. i never get out.

thanx

The King
PV Newbie

uhhh

Unread postby The King » Mon May 17, 2004 9:07 pm

i also dont do it right. i hold my right hand up highest (towards the near top of a 155 lb 13' pole.... i weigh 145) and go off the pole to the left side.... i aint never seen anyone do that b4.

also.... does anyone know of any good PV camps during the summer?

thanx again

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:17 pm

No, culdnt say ever done seen nebody jumper that bar that way but I sure done did see that one man go up the pole on the right side....yeeup. He sho did get that highe heights. I dang ole' sho he was holdin' a bit lower too, tryin to get his hips up over his head with the stick that goess across far back. Yeah, im der sure i seen dat.

yeeeeehaaa.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: uhhh

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:22 pm

The King wrote:also.... does anyone know of any good PV camps during the summer?

thanx again

Keep checking here:

http://polevaultpower.com/northeast/

I'll be updating the clubs and camps and such later this week.

The King
PV Newbie

Unread postby The King » Mon May 17, 2004 9:31 pm

i dont speak fluent hic, despite my location. although i done reckon ya bedder shut the hale up ere i come trot down there 'n slap the doggone taste outta yal mouth. i come down down there n drop the ace of spades n five of clubs on ur a** n u wont know what to do.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:44 pm

He's just saying that you will vault a lot higher if you do it properly. Since you don't have a coach, check out some websites like:

http://www.pvei.com/ - for great educational articles

http://www.advantageathletics.com/polevault.html - for pictures of drills and vaulters

http://www.neovault.com/ and http://www.stabhochsprung.com/ for video clips of elite vaulters.

C-townvault
PV Whiz

Unread postby C-townvault » Mon May 17, 2004 9:45 pm

Wow you obviously don't know who your talking to kid... I wouldn't be threatening a kid that can jump 5' higher than you... Just my personal take on the situation. Anyways... Whats your Pr Scott?

RoySloppy
PV Pro

Unread postby RoySloppy » Mon May 17, 2004 9:45 pm

The King wrote:i dont speak fluent hic, despite my location. although i done reckon ya bedder shut the hale up ere i come trot down there 'n slap the doggone taste outta yal mouth. i come down down there n drop the ace of spades n five of clubs on ur a** n u wont know what to do.

are you for real?? theres a monitor in front of ya man. haha ace of spades and five of clubs. i love it how we grow huge cojones when we are protected by our monitors
VA for Life!!

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:53 pm

I was just speaking to him in terms he might be able to comprehend, and I was laughing and having fun typing it the whole time.

RoySloppy
PV Pro

Unread postby RoySloppy » Mon May 17, 2004 9:56 pm

i thought it was funny, but watch out for the king of diamonds and the queen of hearts, he'll drop em on ya
VA for Life!!

The King
PV Newbie

Unread postby The King » Mon May 17, 2004 10:11 pm

damn right....... about the original Q tho..... any ideas?

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Mon May 17, 2004 10:24 pm

I'm going with cowtown on this one, don't mess with the "Duck", Oakpv is the man in Texas. 16'6" kinda puts him in the elite area of hs pole vaulters.
compete and jump safe, have fun

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”