Funny new topic...

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:31 pm

my brother told me that when im running down the runway i tend to puff up my cheeks really big. go figure. sometimes i also realy dont focus on breathing at all, like sometimes even go without really breathing, since its so fast and anaerobic anyways. breathing gets me distracted, i usually do fine without it for quick jumps...

dbulick
PV Fan

Unread postby dbulick » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:55 pm

No the best is still when you hear people counting. They are like TWO, FOUR, and you hear them breating/talking a girl on our team does it, it cracks me up.

polevaultinchic
PV Newbie

Unread postby polevaultinchic » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:57 pm

yeah i forget to breathe when im vaulting too, i dint realize it until someone asked me one time if i was holding my breath when i ran.. turned out i was
I also pick up the tip of my pole and put it back down like a million times before I jump, dont know why but it probably looks pretty dumb

SaltoMuyAlto
PV Newbie

Unread postby SaltoMuyAlto » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:03 am

when i was at baylor there was a english guy named mike edwards that trained with us. he had jumped in the low 18's for ACU. anyway he was entertaining to watch on the back of the runway because he would talk or yell at himself a bunch. some of his favorite lines were, "come on now eddy, stick it like a fat chick" or if he wasn't feeling warm he would try to talk himself into it, "come on now hammy, loosen up a bit." he would say a some other stuff too but i can't remember any of it now.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:28 pm

Mike Edwards was a riot. Never saw anyone land on the front bun as much as that guy.

He was a Olympian for England in '92 and has the honor of being sent home early for getting arrested at a strip club in Barcelona while wearing his Olympic warmup suit.

Last time I saw that guy was at a meet at Baylor several years ago...maybe '99?. He was totally obsessed with Alicia Warlick and was very loudy explaining in detail how she was going to be the mother of his children...how she was built like a sausage and he liked sausage, etc.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Return to “Pole Vault - General”