HOW many retired vaulters 2 put up a crossbar! video shows 1

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

HOW many retired vaulters 2 put up a crossbar! video shows 1

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

HOW many retired vaulters does it take to put up a crossbar!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJWH_AeoKg0 video shows just one! LOL
Sounds like the beginning of a joke and you know it is a joke I saw 4 used at
each pit at the Texas State meet. Was this because of bad OFFICIALS no
THEY ALL KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING THEY JUST HAD THE WRONG TOOLS!
We will be introducing a new crossbar next year The ESSX Elusive bar!
Your going to want this crossbar, it will be the only one that will save you time. This new one will be stronger than the ones last year ( boy we had a bad batch last year and we admit it)
IN the past our Yellow, Black, and Red crossbars were all made cheap to see if we could compete with the others on price, no more we are paying a premium to get you a long lasting bar NOW!
ESSX.jpg
ESSX.jpg (29.82 KiB) Viewed 7685 times

The new ESSX Elusive Bar will last longer and is designed to be placed up at the top of the standards faster than any crossbar.
1. it is balanced with the natural curve to allow the center of gravity to be lower than the supports so the crossbar stays on better. (works just like the Gill crossbar end that is built special)
2. The ESSX Elusive Bar can be managed by one Official, yes one to place the bar on one standard peg and then with the use of any crossbar putter upper, you can slide the hook to the little device on the crossbar to support the high angle of the crossbar and it lifts right up to the other standard peg.
The device for years was designed by Ron NofZinger from Kansas State Univ so he could vault with a bar in practice and place the bar up by himself!
Even with one person setting the bar the event and the practice will not take as long as that of other types of crossbars without this feature!
Ok if you desire to put a gob of tape on the side of your crossbar to do the same thing help yourself, it will make the bar heavy, and ugly!!

This bar will be school price $59.95
For advance orders the introductory price is $39.95 plus freight! All orders must be in the form of a purchase order and the bar will be available November 1st 2010!
The ESSX Elusive Bar will be available only in 14'10" length (works for a safer High jump)

We are taking advance orders now Send your Purchased orders Now at this special low price to 7624 Pebble drive fort worth Texas 76118
or email them to bruce@xlogicsports.com
offer expires on July15th 2010

Bruce Caldwell
Last edited by Bruce Caldwell on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: HOW many retired vaulters does it take 2 put up a crossbar!

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Got any pictures of the crossbar in action?

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:Got any pictures of the crossbar in action?

I'd love to see a vid of it too. And a still pic of whatever keeps the end on the first peg as you lift the other end.

Q: Is it all legal? Just wondering what the rules are re things on the end of the bar.

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Sat May 22, 2010 3:25 pm

KirkB wrote:
rainbowgirl28 wrote:Got any pictures of the crossbar in action?

I'd love to see a vid of it too. And a still pic of whatever keeps the end on the first peg as you lift the other end.

Q: Is it all legal? Just wondering what the rules are re things on the end of the bar.

Kirk

Give me a little time I will video a utube on on it ok the item has been a secret for 25 years and has been used in the 1996 Olympics, a few commonwealth games, Malaysian Games, and many State ,meets.
was approved there too!

Bruce

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast

Video of the new ESSX crossbar in action!

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Youtube video of the new ESSX crossbar with the device to speed the event up and get the crossbar on the standards fast with ease!
Watch how fast Kris of http://www.LonestarPV.com does it by himself!
You can hear the crowd and the excitement going on at the 2010 San Marcus River Vault!
Enjoy
Bruce Caldwell140

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJWH_AeoKg0

Capt Caveman
PV Fan
Expertise: Coach, Masters Vaulter, Parent
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Scott Huffman

Re: HOW many retired vaulters 2 put up a crossbar! video shows 1

Unread postby Capt Caveman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

I watched that video several times looking for the "unique" design and could not locate it. The time it took seemed pretty typical regaurdless of what bar was being put up from my experience.

Did I miss something?
Those who know WHY will always be victorious over those who only know HOW.

Decamouse
PV Great
Expertise: Masters vaulter, coach, USATF Official
Favorite Vaulter: Kate Dennison

Unread postby Decamouse » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 am

It may be the ring device - similar to what was out over a decade ago - other than that -- not magic
Plant like crap sometimes ok most times

Divalent
PV Whiz
Expertise: Parent
Lifetime Best: 0-00.00

Unread postby Divalent » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Capt Caveman wrote:I watched that video several times looking for the "unique" design and could not locate it. The time it took seemed pretty typical regaurdless of what bar was being put up from my experience. Did I miss something?

I looks to me to be the small white square thingie near the free end of the crossbar (about 6 inches in from the rubber end), which prevents the bar-holder from sliding up the bar (or the bar from sliding down the bar-holder), and allows the person operating it to provide an upward and leftward force (with respect to the scene in the video) on the bar to keep the other end from sliding off while he is raising the free end.

Another advantage I see is that the bar setter can adjust the bar a bit in either direction (to get it centered) from that one end after it is in place.

Capt Caveman
PV Fan
Expertise: Coach, Masters Vaulter, Parent
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Scott Huffman

Unread postby Capt Caveman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 pm

I noticed that but it did not seem like anything "special" or that it would speed up placing the bar. I put up bars all the time by myself and just add a small piece of tape where that piece is at and get the same results.

If Decamouse is right and its the same thing from many years ago, I used to take those off because after a pretty short time they would slip and I would have to tape them in place.....so I just used the tape.

If that is the special part of this new bar, BOOOO, those things (nofzinger ring is what I think it was called way back when) didnt work and thats probably why they are not still in use. If I still missed the special new feature (assuming its not that little ring) can someone point it out because I still missed it.
Those who know WHY will always be victorious over those who only know HOW.

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Capt Caveman wrote:I noticed that but it did not seem like anything "special" or that it would speed up placing the bar. I put up bars all the time by myself and just add a small piece of tape where that piece is at and get the same results.

If Decamouse is right and its the same thing from many years ago, I used to take those off because after a pretty short time they would slip and I would have to tape them in place.....so I just used the tape.

If that is the special part of this new bar, BOOOO, those things (nofzinger ring is what I think it was called way back when) didnt work and thats probably why they are not still in use. If I still missed the special new feature (assuming its not that little ring) can someone point it out because I still missed it.

GRIN :D

Yes the nofzinger has been around for years and only works for those who know how to use it.
Once had a competitor owner who asked me if those rings helped keep the crossbar from hitting the ground and breaking the crossbar when they fall.
I told him they sure do!
If they are looose for pete's sake just tape them or just pass up buying the crossbar from me and put your own tape knob on other brands!!!!
No patent, not a registered trademark, and surely not an illusion (magic) just a great idea to help pole vaulting and speed up the event process!
Bruce

Decamouse
PV Great
Expertise: Masters vaulter, coach, USATF Official
Favorite Vaulter: Kate Dennison

Unread postby Decamouse » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Not to rain on the parade - but being an anal engineer and reading the IAAF Rule - they are not allowed -- Read Rule 181 Part 7 - "The crossbar should consist of three parts - the circular bar and two end pieces" - but just like everything -- that is my opinion - maybe someone should ask the USATF Rules guys - Jim Flanik, Len Krsak, George Kleeman or John Blackburn would be a good place to start.
Plant like crap sometimes ok most times

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Decamouse wrote:Not to rain on the parade - but being an anal engineer and reading the IAAF Rule - they are not allowed -- Read Rule 181 Part 7 - "The crossbar should consist of three parts - the circular bar and two end pieces" - but just like everything -- that is my opinion - maybe someone should ask the USATF Rules guys - Jim Flanik, Len Krsak, George Kleeman or John Blackburn would be a good place to start.

High schools and practice, are not govern by IAAF rules!
You can remove it if you feel the Iaaf will not approve it! They did in 1996 for the IAAF International meet and the Atlanta Olympics, however we had an automatic standard for the GAmes and did not require them but they were on the crossbar and approved then. This is a great tool to help make the event run smoother no need in getting it banned! been around and used for 20 years!
My ad description in this sale forum says complete with Iaaf ends to meet IAAF rules!
Bruce

Return to “Sales Forum”