Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Sally Stanton wraps up Harvard vault career

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:04 pm

http://www.mercurynews.com/losgatos/ci_10327435

Los Gatos High grad wraps up Harvard vault career

By Mike Barnhart
For the Los Gatos Weekly-Times
Article Launched: 08/28/2008 03:26:33 PM PDT

Sally Stanton's track and field career at Harvard University ended on a high note this summer, as she was honored with the women's Beyond the Call of Duty Award for efforts on and off the track.
Stanton, a 2004 graduate of Los Gatos High, was a co-captain during her junior and senior seasons at Harvard. She cleared a personal best of 12 feet, 3.5 inches this past season, a mark that ranks second all-time among Harvard women. She placed first in two big meets, the Battle of Beantown and the UConn Invitational.
Stanton, who kept a blog throughout the season on Harvard's athletic website, gocrimson.com, spoke at the team's awards banquet on June 27. One of her career highlights came in June 2007 as a member of the combined Harvard-Yale team that traveled and competed in Ireland and Great Britain.
Reed, Sliva will join the Crimson Sally Stanton's position on the all-time pole vault list could be challenged during the next four years by 2008 Los Gatos grad Christine Reed. A talented hurdler and pole vaulter (11-2 personal best in high school), Reed has matriculated to Harvard and plans to compete for the Crimson during the 2008-09 season.

losgatos
PV Newbie

Re: Sally Stanton wraps up Harvard vault career

Unread postby losgatos » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:23 pm

I would just have to say that this young lady was the whole reason that the pole vault program came back to los gatos. I met her when she was a freshmen in high school. She talked me into coaching at los gatos, from that some very good things happened most people are familliar with Nico Weiler. She still remains the los gatos high school record holder. She graduated at the top of her class in high school. This young lady has done in my opinion everything she has put her mind to. The reason why I am writing this for any young person that wants something, look to people like this for inspiration. She was a tough, intelligent, and just all around incredible person. I personally am glad that someone took the time to write about her she deserves it. Sally if you do happen to read this thank you for everything. Remember who told you " you would change the world". Coach Vance

Return to “Pole Vault - College”