Tim vid

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
plvltngdude
PV Wannabe

Tim vid

Unread postby plvltngdude » Wed May 16, 2007 7:56 pm

Here is one of Wheatlands 2nd year pole vaulter. his pr is 11'6 and is jumping on a 14' 155lbs skypole but holds way down on it.

Any help on what he needs to work on woud be apreciated.

http://www.treemo.com/users/plvtngdude/ ... tem/81696/

TheDeanMachine
PV Fan

Unread postby TheDeanMachine » Wed May 16, 2007 8:34 pm

left arms really collapsing on every plant. he's also not really jumping into the vault; he's making the pole do all the work. he needs to work on a nice, tall plant. also, from what i see, he's looking at the bar, which is preventing him from getting his heels to the sky.
senior in HS
PR: 13'
vaulting for 3 years

Goal: 14'6"

EPVaulter1
PV Wannabe

Unread postby EPVaulter1 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:48 pm

The reason that his bottom arm is collapsing so much is because he isn't really bending the pole
what he needs is a shorter/softer pole that he can actually bend... it is a lot easier to keep that bottom arm straight when you actually bend the pole
if you have to i'm sure a school nearby will help you out and let you borrow one
once you get your hands on a shoter/softer pole... it may take a while to get him away from having his bottom arm collapsing but give it time... he'll get it
RJ
130lbs
5'6"
PR - 13'0"

Just Go!

plvltngdude
PV Wannabe

Unread postby plvltngdude » Thu May 17, 2007 2:19 am

We used to have a 13' 150lbs but he broke it (probably from not jumping enough) and now our closest pole is either the skypole or a 13' 140 pounder and their is only one other school in our leage and division that pole vaults and they have even less pole selection than us. I hope you dont think im trying to shoot you down or anything. I agree with what you are saying he is on a pole too big for him but its all we got. :( but i guess its not a total loss because last year we didnt even have a pit or runway.

vballswimvault
PV Wannabe

Unread postby vballswimvault » Thu May 17, 2007 5:52 pm

OMG perfect example right here of what I was wondering.
on the second jump in that vid, you didnt throw your pole back--but you yourself ran and caught it.
^is that legal, or is it considered "interference" with the natural drop of the pole?
ive heard both ways, but itd be good to know for sure.

plvltngdude
PV Wannabe

Unread postby plvltngdude » Thu May 17, 2007 9:39 pm

vballswimvault wrote:OMG perfect example right here of what I was wondering.
on the second jump in that vid, you didnt throw your pole back--but you yourself ran and caught it.
^is that legal, or is it considered "interference" with the natural drop of the pole?

well the jump counted but idk thats not really in the book. It was still helza funny to watch

JTred
PV Whiz

Unread postby JTred » Fri May 18, 2007 10:53 am

vballswimvault wrote:OMG perfect example right here of what I was wondering.

they always tell us that that's a miss. As for the jump, I think he has a great knee drive and swing, but it looks like he's not getting everything that he could out of the pole. It looks like he's staring at the bar and getting off early. If he stayed with the pole a little longer he could get more out of it.

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”