Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Vaulters Leave Mark article (CA)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun May 22, 2005 8:12 pm

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/05 ... _21_05.txt

Vaulters leave their marks at finals

By: BRIAN HAAS - For The Californian

NORWALK ---- As the crowd began to file out and the sun began to drop below the highest bleachers, the Division I pole vaulters took center stage at the CIF Southern Section Track and Field Finals on Saturday.

The Valley was well represented, with three vaulters moving on to the CIF-SS Masters meet.

Four of the nine D-I vaulters in the meet were from local high schools. Myles McDowell and Alex Lohman, a junior and senior respectively at Murrieta, Jacob Johnson a junior from Temecula, and Ryan Utnehmer, a freshman from Chaparral, all represented the Southwestern League in the meet.

McDowell and Lohman, the teammates, placed first and second in D-I competition.

Lohman was able to clear the 14- feet, 6-inches bar, which was good enough for second, while McDowell won the division title by clearing 15-0 on his third attempt.

"I knew we were going to do well," said McDowell," but for us to go one and two was unbelievable."

With their finish Saturday, McDowell and Lohman advance to Masters meet, which will be held again at Cerritos College on Friday. The Masters meet will host the top nine athletes in every event, regardless of what division the school competes in.

ÃÂ

cnfsedcaligal
PV Fan

Unread postby cnfsedcaligal » Tue May 24, 2005 10:36 am

Got to say congrats to my boys MYLES and LOHMAN, upholding murrieta there in the vault... missed jumping with you two this year, but you two are workin' it.... CONGRATS on going 1-2, and to the rest of the guys and girls that made it on....awesome jumpnig and good luck in the next few weeks.... it's going to be insane!??!
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."- unknown

Return to “California”