Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks. Right back at ya, Bubba!
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

DBH027
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, High School Coach, Former College Coach

Unread postby DBH027 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:51 pm

Is there anyone staying at the Doubletree who is also renting a car? I would be willing to help with expenses, taxis could get pricey. also, the person I was set to share a room with is injured if someone wants to take the slot....

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:25 pm

If you don't have to move your poles with you . . . isn't the Doubletree close to the subway (or whatever they call it)? You are near Copley Plaza, aren't you? The Reggie Lewis Center is right next to an Orange Line stop. I don't think there's a direct line and you'd have to transfer, but the price is right if you can use the subway.

DBH027
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, High School Coach, Former College Coach

Unread postby DBH027 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:20 am

vaultmd wrote:If you don't have to move your poles with you . . . isn't the Doubletree close to the subway (or whatever they call it)? You are near Copley Plaza, aren't you? The Reggie Lewis Center is right next to an Orange Line stop. I don't think there's a direct line and you'd have to transfer, but the price is right if you can use the subway.

I was under the assumption we were in the same general location as the Copley, and made my reservation, but turns out the hotel is in the Cambridge area this year, no subway access, etc. I shipped the poles straight to Reggie Lewis so I don't have poles, but it is a bit of a bummer I can't take advantage of the subway!

Lt Don
PV Newbie

Shuttle

Unread postby Lt Don » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:18 pm

The Doubletree is the host hotel...maybe it will provide a shuttle.

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”