News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

Barto
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Unread postby Barto » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Lax PV wrote:
TreyDECA wrote:i heard chels making just under a mil :o

...thats awesome. She gets to run around and play all day, and is pulling in that kind of money.

But in response, I think there are a lot of people that could have gone out early, but have opted away from it. Jacob Davis definatly could have gone pro... 5.90 is an elite bar period--let alone college.

Trey and I were joking. She doesn't make anything close to what a person call a lot of money!

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:13 pm

...you know, I thought that saounded a little high... but then I figured, Andrew Rock (400m guy) went to school up here and he is doing well for himself these days so I thought maybe...

TreyDECA
PV Pro
Expertise: Former HS, College, and current Elite vaulter/decathlete

Unread postby TreyDECA » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:20 pm

Barto wrote:
Lax PV wrote:
TreyDECA wrote:i heard chels making just under a mil :o

...thats awesome. She gets to run around and play all day, and is pulling in that kind of money.

But in response, I think there are a lot of people that could have gone out early, but have opted away from it. Jacob Davis definatly could have gone pro... 5.90 is an elite bar period--let alone college.

Trey and I were joking. She doesn't make anything close to what a person call a lot of money!

yeah, sorry... only a joke, sorry for the confusion... but w/ incentives, close to 4 mil
8700... mark it down

robillard
PV Nerd

Unread postby robillard » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:12 pm

cool article, helped me to understand wat goin pro meant in track. oh on a side note, i heard that nike sucks as a sponsor and that adidas is much better. i was told this by daniel ryland while i was at jonesboro

TreyDECA
PV Pro
Expertise: Former HS, College, and current Elite vaulter/decathlete

Unread postby TreyDECA » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:38 pm

robillard wrote:cool article, helped me to understand wat goin pro meant in track. oh on a side note, i heard that nike sucks as a sponsor and that adidas is much better. i was told this by daniel ryland while i was at jonesboro

jeff hartwig is a long time nike guy i believe...
8700... mark it down

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:20 am

robillard wrote:cool article, helped me to understand wat goin pro meant in track. oh on a side note, i heard that nike sucks as a sponsor and that adidas is much better. i was told this by daniel ryland while i was at jonesboro

Nike generally has better contracts for the guys at the top. adidas generally has better contracts for the guys not at the top.

Or so I hear.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”