News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

BethelPV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post Collegiate Vaulter, High School Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Billy Olson

Preseason Outlook?

Unread postby BethelPV » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:47 pm

My question for you guys is who is going to do what this year? Who are the returning favorites, and who will surprise people? I am also not just talking about NCAA D1, but D2, D3, NAIA, and JUCO. Just wondering what everyones opinions are!

Zachmo
Vault with a purpose... Vault for God!!

TreyDECA
PV Pro
Expertise: Former HS, College, and current Elite vaulter/decathlete

Unread postby TreyDECA » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:56 pm

DK is stronger and faster than he's ever been... ever...

i can make no predictions on how great his performances will be, except that they will be just that... great.
8700... mark it down

stevemanz
PV Beginner

Unread postby stevemanz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:11 pm

On the DI scene, watch out for a little school down in the deep south called McNeese State University!!!

This may be the first post from my kind on this forum.

A lil ol' shot putter

BethelPV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post Collegiate Vaulter, High School Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Billy Olson

Unread postby BethelPV » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:01 pm

Yeah, McNeese has two pretty sweet vaulters... Gebauer is a fellow Michigander like myself!

Zachmo
Vault with a purpose... Vault for God!!

EIUvltr
PV Pro
Expertise: Ex-collegiate pole vaulter B.S. Exercise Science ACSM personal trainer

Unread postby EIUvltr » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:09 pm

beware Mitch Greely
"If he dies, he dies"

skyin' pimp
PV Whiz

Unread postby skyin' pimp » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:55 pm

brooke wiedrich (wehri) and jen hensel from MN State Uni Moorhead are gonna be #1 and #3 in the nation D2, derik brugger from the same school #2..
if they don't do these things, i'm going to personally beat them with every pole in our inventory..
Last edited by skyin' pimp on Wed May 13, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
confuscious says: man with four balls doesn't walk

smokinvaulter1
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Semi Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.55m
Favorite Vaulter: Joe Dial

Unread postby smokinvaulter1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:34 am

I know where a female thats going to surprise everyone is and she's yaonug strong and jumpin awesome. All i will say is watch out for the lady backs,

blakedow
PV Nerd

Unread postby blakedow » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:15 pm

Watch for big bars all through the Southland Conference for the guys... This is going to be THE conference to watch this year... I'm predicting four to five 18' jumpers out of this conference alone... I'm also going to predict that this will be the most represented conference in regional meets this year... My guess is somewhere around 15 guys AT LEAST from this conference will qualify... Probably more... :yes:
4.75... Write THAT down...

kat_vaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby kat_vaulter » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:56 pm

Blake- 15 is a bit high! There will probably be 8-10. Who are the 15 guys that will qualify? Please don't say that there are going to be 8 from Texas state at SAN MARCOS. Last time you said something about this kind of thing, 5 of ya'll are going to jump at least 5.20.

kat_vaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby kat_vaulter » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:59 pm

Oh yeah who are the vaulters you think will jump 5.50? Jimmie, Brad Matt, who else?

blakedow
PV Nerd

Unread postby blakedow » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:01 pm

Arent you in the southland conference!?!? Why the heck would you do anything except be supportive of it then?? You're statements confuse me... But anyways, to address your questions... Last year there were about 10 that qualified for regionals in a young conference... I think that there will be more this year... That is a fair assesment... I think that SFA will put up two, Ellis from Southeastern, two or more from TxState, Adkinson from Sam plus one maybe, two or three from mcneese, one or two from UTA (depending on if Collet has another outdoor season?)... Maybe 15 was a SLIGHT exxageration, but since when is positivity or optimism a bad thing. As for 18' jumpers, there SHOULD BE AT LEAST FOUR... Adkinson, Heath, Gebauer, Collet... And I am predicting there will be maybe one more... I didnt say from where... Maybe from TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY (saying "at san marcos" is unnecessary until they change the name of your school to Texas State at Huntsville)... Who knows at this point... But last time I checked, this thread was about PREDICTIONS, which is clearly stated at the top... kat_vaulter, please find something to do besides sit around and wait for me to post on a topic... Think for yourself, come up with your own ideas, and then post on one of the many wonderful forums this site has to offer... I think that everyone here can agree that this forum is to spread knowledge and ideas about pole vaulting, not to see who can pee farther, who has the bigger pole, or who's dad can beat up who... Grow up... Seriously... :yes:
4.75... Write THAT down...

kat_vaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby kat_vaulter » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:59 pm

Blake- I don't want to know how far you can pee. Ok, here are my predictions; UTA- Collet- Jump 5.35, SFA- 1 make regionals, TX St @ San Marcos " Just making sure I use the correct name"- 2 make regionals 5.15, 5.05 this time make sure he jumps at 5.05 instead of 5.03! Sam Houston- Atkisson 5.45, Mcneese- Jimmie 5.52, Brad 5.55, and one sleeper that qualifies at conference. I know what polevaultpower is all about. I understand that people get on here to look for knowledge and training but I am however not comfortable with someone making perdictions that are unrealistic and won't even happen in a persons dreams. You should put half the effort into pole vaulting that you do on this forum and trying to be funny, you might be a 4.90 vaulter.

I am supportive of the conference but I am not going to make perdictions that are not feasiable.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”