17' anyone?

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:02 pm

nitro wrote:
Do you ever have a clue about what you are talking about?

hes gone to 15 foot poles and didnt get in and they were softer so like usual ur wrong

How many times have you seen him have work on a 15 foot pole? probably at one of the 2 meets u've seen him at?? Yeah sometimes it takes time to get in on a pole you havent worked on, so dont judge his ability when you've seen him jump like 2 times. I seem to remember him personally telling me he might try to get on some longer poles this summer.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:04 pm

im only going from facts when hes gone to a longer pole he hasnt gotten in.... and holding 14 4 and jumping 15 10 im glad im barely getting a push off....
pain is only temporary victory is forever

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:23 pm

nitro wrote:im only going from facts when hes gone to a longer pole he hasnt gotten in.... and holding 14 4 and jumping 15 10 im glad im barely getting a push off....
Well i guess it doesnt matter since he jumps higher than both of us anyway. And yea man, i didnt mean to get into you, but you should realize what you sound like sometimes, thats all. Its ok to question me, but you dont need to sound so cocky in the process. 14'4 jumping 15'10 is good. Ive held at 13'3 and jumped 14'9, im not fast enough, or my take off and swing isnt good enough to start moving my handhold up quite yet. maybe this summer.

pole bender
PV Nerd

Unread postby pole bender » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:37 pm

vault3rb0y wrote:
nitro wrote:im only going from facts when hes gone to a longer pole he hasnt gotten in.... and holding 14 4 and jumping 15 10 im glad im barely getting a push off....
Well i guess it doesnt matter since he jumps higher than both of us anyway. And yea man, i didnt mean to get into you, but you should realize what you sound like sometimes, thats all. Its ok to question me, but you dont need to sound so cocky in the process. 14'4 jumping 15'10 is good. Ive held at 13'3 and jumped 14'9, im not fast enough, or my take off and swing isnt good enough to start moving my handhold up quite yet. maybe this summer.

well this isnt how my post , i thought , would go , but its all good! say what you feel. vault3rb0y!!! funny post (in a good way)! i hope they ALL GET 17'+ next year...but who is first? and by the way what is the state record there?

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:06 pm

its 16 9... im pretty sure hall will get there next season first
pain is only temporary victory is forever

pole bender
PV Nerd

Unread postby pole bender » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:10 pm

nitro wrote:its 16 9... im pretty sure hall will get there next season first

yes , 1st. but then who goes higher? i know your like 15 or so. your going to grow. how high do you think you can go your sr year?

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:17 pm

The state record here.... is 16'5.
pretty sad right?? this is a pretty cool website to see some NY records if ur interested, but i got the highlight for you.
http://www.tullyrunners.com/RecNysBoys.htm

8G: 3.81 12-6 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1990
Fr: 4.42 14-6 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1991
So: 4.73 15-6.25 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1992
Jr: 5.00 16-4.75 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1993
Sr: 5.005 16-5 Joel Carusone (Guilderland) 1999 (Jun 5, States, Kingston)

there are separate indoor and outdoor records, i was at 14' for indoor and the record was 14'9. Then obviously the record for outdoor is at 15'6 and i was at 14'9, haha. Oh well, records arent as important to me as improving. I say this because i have no shot at records when i move to arkansas, so i have to let the fact that i didnt get these records in NY go!

As for your question to who is first?? what do you mean, in NY? in 48 degrees and light rain, 15'6 won it in states followed by 2 juniors at 15'3. The way our state qualifiers go, if you have a lot of good kids in your section, even if you are a 15' jumper, you might not go. And i didnt do well at the quals so i didnt go :-/. Might have placed too, oh well.

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:18 pm

nitro wrote:its 16 9... im pretty sure hall will get there next season first
I know you know him better than i do, and yea i wouldnt be suprised to see him in the mid 17's, actually.

pole bender
PV Nerd

Unread postby pole bender » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:52 pm

vault3rb0y wrote:The state record here.... is 16'5.
pretty sad right?? this is a pretty cool website to see some NY records if ur interested, but i got the highlight for you.
http://www.tullyrunners.com/RecNysBoys.htm

8G: 3.81 12-6 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1990
Fr: 4.42 14-6 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1991
So: 4.73 15-6.25 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1992
Jr: 5.00 16-4.75 Ryan Dall (North Rockland, Thiells) 1993
Sr: 5.005 16-5 Joel Carusone (Guilderland) 1999 (Jun 5, States, Kingston)

there are separate indoor and outdoor records, i was at 14' for indoor and the record was 14'9. Then obviously the record for outdoor is at 15'6 and i was at 14'9, haha. Oh well, records arent as important to me as improving. I say this because i have no shot at records when i move to arkansas, so i have to let the fact that i didnt get these records in NY go!

As for your question to who is first?? what do you mean, in NY? in 48 degrees and light rain, 15'6 won it in states followed by 2 juniors at 15'3. The way our state qualifiers go, if you have a lot of good kids in your section, even if you are a 15' jumper, you might not go. And i didnt do well at the quals so i didnt go :-/. Might have placed too, oh well.

vault3rb0y!!! you are so funny(in a good way)!!! you know what you can do and are honest about it. i hope you get everything you can out of PVing. you have the "strength" to do it. best of luck!
ps...whats your best?

vaultin high
PV Newbie

Unread postby vaultin high » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:07 am

Let's see if I can set some things straight for you guys. Spencer McCorkel is 5'7". As far as who will be first to get 17 next year, I don't think Spencer is worried about it. Been there done that, he's moving on. Nitro, what is your problem with Spencer? Has he done something to you or something? It seems you dog him every chance you get.

pole bender
PV Nerd

Unread postby pole bender » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:45 am

vaultin high wrote:Let's see if I can set some things straight for you guys. Spencer McCorkel is 5'7". As far as who will be first to get 17 next year, I don't think Spencer is worried about it. Been there done that, he's moving on. Nitro, what is your problem with Spencer? Has he done something to you or something? It seems you dog him every chance you get.

my last post was deleted by ms.rain, fine. my question really is how high these 3 can get by 12th grade....thats it.... i think all 3 can get to 17'3" or so. nitro? depends on how much he grows. im sure he will be a solid 17' guy though. 18'??? different "beast"! (not that he cant do it).

SweetPVJumps
PV Whiz

Unread postby SweetPVJumps » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:06 am

sorry ms. rainbow :o
ok fine lets focus on the topic again. 4 inches for hall to get to 17-not too much to ask for at all. i hope to see him go very high next year
mccorkel definatley has TALENT. i just wonder how much his height will hold him back. i hope to see him go higher and higher, but you can only get so much pushoff from those shorter poles!!! but i think if he does get on longer poles theres almost no doubt he will be adding some impressive height to his pr

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”