quotes

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:14 pm

When I was in college, the Carolina Godiva Track Club had the Latin motto: vincit qui se vincit (he conquers who conquers himself) or if you are a woman (she conquers who conquers herself). I've always related to that one, especially given that in this sport we are always trying to PR as much as (or perhaps even more than) doing better than our competetitors.
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

vaultfan

Unread postby vaultfan » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:02 pm

This may not be exactly the type of quote that you are looking for, but I like it anyway: :D

"Why would anybody want to go to a Dodger game when you could go to the Mt. Sac Relays?" -- Debbie Chappell

Note: I just posted a link to her entire article entitled "History of the Fiberglass Pole" in the General Forum under the "True Pole Vault Stories" topic.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:11 pm

lol, definetely a good quote
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

localrunner
PV Beginner

Unread postby localrunner » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:11 am

I would have to say that anything from Joe Dirt is a good quote.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”